Will Pence end up like Francoeur??

A few years back, a rookie named jeff francoeur got the call up from AAA, and not one person could get him out. at all! much like pence nowadays. Francoeur was on the cover of SI with the title "The Natural". everyone said that francoeur would be a 40 HR guy. but last year, he only hit 29, and this year at the all-star break, he only has 10. so the big league pitchers figured out how to get him out. will pence have the same fate?

Francouer is still only 23. He is hitting close to .300 with 58 RBI's (Top 10 in the NL). Yeah maybe a few pitchers have figured him out, but he is still an up and coming star in the league, who should become a stud within the next year or two. Pence will be fine but maybe struggle slightly after this season.

Francouer also has no protection behind him, seeing that he protects Chipper.

the book on how to pitch to Pence is still being written this year, he may still hit .300 for the season but the more he plays against each team I look for his average to drop in the 2nd half, not that he doesnt have tools or know how to hit but I doubt he keeps up at a .340 clip.

the book on how to pitch to Pence is still being written this year, he may still hit .300 for the season but the more he plays against each team I look for his average to drop in the 2nd half, not that he doesnt have tools or know how to hit but I doubt he keeps up at a .340 clip.

You never know....There is something special about Pence

He seems to be making adjustments on the fly and hitting the ball to all fields.  That is the mark of a great hitter.  When he has off nights, he works it out the next night and as he gets more major league experience, he will be able to maintain his aggressive style yet be more selective at the plate  -some thing that Francoeur has been unable to do -- Francoeur will swing at anything!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa