2007 Anahuac Team Preview

This is the hidden content, please
Anahuac Panthers
This is the hidden content, please

Just 4 seasons ago the Anahuac Panthers were a district champion in class 3A. Last season the Panthers suffered through a 2-8 season. Anahuac made a huge move during the offseason when they picked up former Hull-Daisetta head coach Darrell Barbay to be their new head coach. The Panthers had some very close games last season and should make some noise this year.

Key Wins Last Year:

Fort Bend Baptist (33-7)

Buna (26-14)

Last Year’s Scores:

Hardin-Jefferson 16 Anahuac 9

Anahuac 33 Fort Bend Baptist 7

Hitchcock 40 Anahuac 6

Splendora 54 Anahuac 13

Anahuac 26 Buna 14

Kountze 31 Anahuac 6

Hardin 13 Anahuac 10

East Chambers 48 Anahuac 6

Deweyville 26 Anahuac 14

Warren 24 Anahuac 13

Offensive Summary

The Panthers have 8 starters back from an offense that averaged just 13 points per game last season. QB Jacob Pesina returns after passing for 800 yards and rushing for 250 yards. Other threats in the backfield include the RB duo of Pierre Russell and Keith Kingsbury. Anahuac lost one of their key players RB Kelby Shandy-Kerby to graduation. Also look for TE Hunter Ulrich to have a good season. Anahuac should also have a solid offensive line led by Carlos Gonzales and Henry Sanders.

Other Offensive Impact Players:

Heriberto Banda (OL)

Defensive Summary

No Defensive Information Was Submitted

Anahuac opens the 2007 season with a tough road game at 3A Hardin-Jefferson. The following week they take on one of the two teams they beat last year, Fort Bend Baptist. They also have a tough game on September 21 at home against defending 22-3A champion Splendora. The Panthers open 24-2A play with a road trip to Buna. Here is the complete 2007 schedule for the Anahuac Panthers……

Aug. 31 @ Hardin-Jefferson

Sept. 7 @ Fort Bend Baptist

Sept. 14 Hitchcock at Deer Park

Sept. 21 Splendora

Sept. 28 @ Buna*

Oct. 5 Kountze*

Oct. 12 @ Hardin*

Oct. 19 East Chambers*

Oct. 26 @ Deweyville*

Nov. 2 Warren*

Nov. 9 OPEN

I think they will be in the mix this year. Barbay will have them in place for a playoff spot. This district will be a very close race to see who gets in.

I agree, I think Anahuac will suprise some people this year, Coach Barbay will make them that much better. You better not over look the Panthers, that's for sure.

SteelerCzy, thanks for the kind words. But I think with the other post of, long season, it will take some time, it will be next year.. I think that is more like it. We averaged 13 points a game, well really 14 if bobcat would round up!! ;) Any way our offense was bad and the defense was so bad they couldn't even find anything positive from last year to write about!! haha  To say Coach Barbay has his work cut out for him would be an understatement!!  Good Luck Coach, cuz you are going to need it... ;D

Guest JGLB55

Yeah, New coach. Give him time and they will grow on him. Same as us in Kountze with Hodges. He is going on to his third year with us, thats more than any one has in a while. 9 HD football coaches in 11 yrs.

Guest tudah08

with a new coach in anahuac pockets there bound to have a play-off spot. also with returnig player ready to shine and show people what there made of it going to be a crazy season.  8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124