Best "Team" Ever At Your School?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stark hi school tigers 62-63 team we had some super football players on that team.i will add a few names----david foster QB  all american----charles owens  FB---- dan sears RB----- rc slocum  TE--- jack the crazy legs mc clelland

• 2 months later...

The 1975-76 HF Horns made it to quarters before meeting up with Sealy and a dude named Eric Dickerson at Tully Stadium. They played several playoff games there and Houston Memorial liked the Coach and the Jr. all state QB. They went ahead and recruited the head coach and his son that year, and Les Koening Sr. & Jr. went over for his senior year.

The 1987 West Orange Stark Mustangs (15-0)

In week two beat the #3 team in the nation, Aldine Macarther

Other key wins that year were #3 ranked Jasper, #8 ranked Silbee, #2 ranked Kerville Tivy, and in the state championship game gave up only 7 points to the Rockwall Yellowjackets, whose offensive coordinator was the great Todd Dodge.  The Mustangs recorded six shutouts, and the most points given up in any game was 15.  This team has been selected as Dave Cambell's 4AAAA Team of the 80's.

Without a doubt, our best overall team.

the stark hi school tigers 62-63 team we had some super football players on that team.i will add a few names----david foster QB  all american----charles owens  FB---- dan sears RB----- rc slocum  TE--- jack the crazy legs mc clelland

They were called "The Zing Along Gang" because the offense was so overpowering. As I recall, the All District Offensive team was practically the Stark starting line-up, with the Tigers supplying 9 of the 11 positions. And I think they had 5 out of 11 on the Defense.

In district play that year, 1962, the other five teams scored a total of 12 points against Stark. Of those five, only one team held the Tigers to less than 40 points.

The "zing along" tag was inspired by the TV show "Sing Along With Mitch" which featured a choir of about 30 male voices that was called the Sing Along Gang.  The show had a brief bit of popularity, but is now long since forgotten.

Year after year, we at Stark didn't have a lot of athletic success to cheer about. The handful of bright moments meant a lot to us. And still do, even a lifetime later.

There have been some good ones over the years at the Brook...of course the 1982 team that won a state title would probably have to be the best. Not the best record at 11-4-1, but that team got better and better every game they played. The 1987 team was also good, along with the 1991 and 1992 teams that all went 10-0 in the regular season. The 1994 team was a state quarterfinalist as well as the 1997 team that went 11-3 and tied the school record for wins in a season. 2005 and 2006 teams were both good....but the 2007 version of Bruin football might be the best yet! ;D (they've certainly got the best defense they've had in a LONG time!)

Guest TravelingBandsman

im not sure about dayton.

anybody know??

It's probably a toss up between the 1998 and 2002 season teams. Both made it to round 3 of the playoffs, but I think the 1998 team was better because they came within like 4 points of beating La Marque that year.

The 1975-76 HF Horns made it to quarters before meeting up with Sealy and a dude named Eric Dickerson at Tully Stadium. They played several playoff games there and Houston Memorial liked the Coach and the Jr. all state QB. They went ahead and recruited the head coach and his son that year, and Les Koening Sr. & Jr. went over for his senior year.

My dad was a coach at H-F that year....he still talks about that game. 

Guest shsu31

'98 was a great run.  I really liked the '93 squad with McGuire and Rhone in the backfield.  If Jasper wouldn't have broke Mcguire's leg there is no telling how far that squad could have gotten. 

and maybe if you guys could have beaten jasper on of the two years 92 or 93 we would have made the playoffs instead of sitting at home being tri district champs. that sucked.

and dont forget about willie jones and (sp) hiawatha hickman, that guy was a beast

Wasn't that LaGrange that beat HF and went on to win state?  I think Eric Dickerson and Sealy was a little later.

I think your right. Maybe a year or so later was Sealy.

The game I'm talking about was HF played like 2 games at Tully and they stole our coach and QB. Spring Branch Memorial made a pretty good playoff run that year with the 2 Koenings.

I think your right. Maybe a year or so later was Sealy.

The game I'm talking about was HF played like 2 games at Tully and they stole our coach and QB. Spring Branch Memorial made a pretty good playoff run that year with the 2 Koenings.

They played Cameron and LaGrange at Tully.  I think they played Columbus at Cy-Fair before that.  Then Memorial took Les & Les.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476