NL-AL all star rosters, My snubs and replacements....

NL roster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar07/news/story?id=2922588

C Russell Martin Los Angeles Dodgers 1st

1B Prince Fielder Milwaukee Brewers 1st

2B Chase Utley Philadelphia Phillies 2nd

3B David Wright New York Mets 2nd

SS Jose Reyes New York Mets 2nd

OF Barry Bonds San Francisco Giants 14th

OF Carlos Beltran New York Mets 4th

OF Ken Griffey Jr. Cincinnati Reds 13th

PITCHERS

POS PLAYER TEAM ALL-STAR GAME

RHP Brad Penny Los Angeles Dodgers 2nd

RHP Jake Peavy San Diego Padres 2nd

LHP Cole Hamels Philadelphia Phillies 1st

RHP Ben Sheets Milwaukee Brewers 3rd

RHP John Smoltz Atlanta Braves 8th

RHP Trevor Hoffman San Diego Padres 6th

LHP Billy Wagner New York Mets 5th

RHP Francisco Cordero Milwaukee Brewers 2nd

LHP Brian Fuentes Colorado Rockies 3rd

RHP Jose Valverde Arizona Diamondbacks 1st

RHP Takashi Saito Los Angeles Dodgers 1st

RESERVES

C Brian McCann Atlanta Braves 2nd

1B Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals 6th

1B Derrek Lee Chicago Cubs 2nd

1B Dmitri Young Washington Nationals 2nd

2B Orlando Hudson Arizona Diamondbacks 1st

2B Freddy Sanchez Pittsburgh Pirates 2nd

3B Miguel Cabrera Florida Marlins 4th

SS J.J. Hardy Milwaukee Brewers 1st

OF Alfonso Soriano Chicago Cubs 6th

OF Carlos Lee Houston Astros 3rd

OF Aaron Rowand Philadelphia Phillies 1st

OF Matt Holliday Colorado Rockies 2nd

My NL all star snubs-Jimmy Rollins, Hanley Ramirez,  Eric Byrnes, Chris Young, Tom Gorzelanny-Ian Snell, John Maine, Roy Oswalt

So if you have a snub you have to take someone out, here is my solution and who i would sub in for who.

Take out-Aaron Rowand,  Put in- Jimmy Rollins

Take out-Orlando Hudson,  Put in- Eric Byrnes

Take out-Freddy Sanchez,  Put in- Hanley Ramirez

Take out-Brian Fuentes,  Put in- John Maine

Take out-Trevor Hoffman,  Put in- Chris Young

Take out-Jose Valverde, Put in- Ian Snell or Tom Gorzalanny

After reading a few articles and examining the stats, these are the choices i would make that i think most of America would agree with. Larussa made a few mistakes that i will note.  Remember when looking at this list that at least one player from every team has to be represented  First, i cant believe Aaron Rowand made the team when teammate Jimmy Rollins is having a better season at the shortstop position.  Freddy Sanchez is a head scratcher for me also.  While he does have a good average, thats about it.  Ian Snell and Tom Gorzelanny are having very good seasons and are much more deserving being representatives for the pirates.  I have Eric Byrnes on my fanatasy team so i know how good hes been, looking at possible 30 HR, 30 SB season and left off for Orlando Hudson whos having a fine season and a good fielder but i'd take Byrnes over him.  And just look at Hanley Ramirez's numbers this year and for a shortstop theres no way he shouldve been left off the team, especially when you compare him to Sanchez or Hudson.  I didnt mention Aramis Ramirez who's having a fine season and should be on the short list of infielders as a replacement if someone bows out.  And then theres Larussa's obsession with taking closers.  Valverde is having a fine year, but i'd reward one of the pirate pitchers and leave him off to get a pirate on there.  Trevor Hoffman is having another good season, but his teammate Chris Young has been great this year with a low 2 era which is way more impressive for a starter than a reliever.  Who wants a closer that throws mid to low 80's in the all star game anyway (remember Michael Youngs triple for Hoffmans blown save last year)?  And after Brian Fuentes horrible week and removal from the closers role, i'd give John Maine the nod over him.  I'd have no problem also with Tim Hudson or Roy Oswalt making it over some of the afformentions pitchers, maybe they can get in with someone not going.  Hopefully Roy O can get in with the fan vote. 

AL roster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar07/news/story?id=2922584\

C Ivan Rodriguez Detroit Tigers 14th

1B David Ortiz Boston Red Sox 4th

2B Placido Polanco Detroit Tigers 1st

3B Alex Rodriguez New York Yankees 11th

SS Derek Jeter New York Yankees 8th

OF Vladimir Guerrero Los Angeles Angels 8th

OF Magglio Ordonez Detroit Tigers 6th

OF Ichiro Suzuki Seattle Mariners 7th

PITCHERS

RHP Josh Beckett Boston Red Sox 1st

RHP John Lackey Los Angeles Angels 1st

LHP Johan Santana Minnesota Twins 3rd

RHP Justin Verlander Detroit Tigers 1st

LHP C.C. Sabathia Cleveland Indians 3rd

RHP Dan Haren Oakland Athletics 1st

RHP Gil Meche Kansas City Royals 1st

RHP Jonathan Papelbon Boston Red Sox 2nd

RHP Francisco Rodriguez Los Angeles Angels 2nd

RHP J.J. Putz Seattle Mariners 1st

RHP Bobby Jenks Chicago White Sox 2nd

RESERVES

C Victor Martinez Cleveland Indians 2nd

C Jorge Posada New York Yankees 5th

1B Justin Morneau Minnesota Twins 1st

2B Brian Roberts Baltimore Orioles 2nd

3B Mike Lowell Boston Red Sox 4th

SS Carlos Guillen Detroit Tigers 2nd

SS Michael Young Texas Rangers 4th

OF Carl Crawford Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2nd

OF Torii Hunter Minnesota Twins 2nd

OF Manny Ramirez Boston Red Sox 11th

OF Alex Rios Toronto Blue Jays 2nd

OF Grady Sizemore Cleveland Indians 2nd

In the AL, i think they did a better job of picking the team.  You could make a case for Orlando Cabrera whos having a better season than Michael Young, but a Ranger has to make it and i'm not putting Sosa and his high K rate and low OBP in the all star game when he doesnt deserve it.  James Shields and Carlos Pena are having fine seasons and you could make a case for them over Carl Crawford, but Crawford is proven and having a good year.  The AL pitching staff is so good, having so many pitchers putting up good years, pitchers like Jeremy Guthrie and Joe Nathan got squeezed out of the all star game but i'm sure they would be the first guys to replace someone.  You might could say Buerhle or Garland could represent the White Sox over Jenks, but Jenks is having a decent year with a 2 something era so no big problem here.  For the fan vote, Neshek and Okijima have miniscule ERA's, but with their limited innings pitched i'll cast my vote for Kelvim Escobar whos having a great season.

What do yall think of my picks?  Agree or disagree?  I would like to hear other people's opinions on my snubs in the NL.

If for some reason Carlos Lee doesnt go to the all star game, there will be a little ground swell of support for Pence to replace him (especially from Houston), and he would have an ok chance if that happened, but that would be Pence's only chance i think. But missing the first month of the season hurt him, if he played from the beginning his chances would be better.  If Roy Oswalt doesnt get in on the fan ballot, and Chris Young makes it, i think he would be the first or 2nd choice of Larussa as a replacement if a couple pitchers drop out.  I think Larussa has a lot of respect for Oswalt so he would be a strong candidate to make it.

i absolutely do not agree with the NL roster. theyll prob give up home field again! The AL's roster was well chosen. But my guess is that Bonderman will get in 4 the AL and Oswalt will get in for the NL on the fan vote. and yes even though Hunter Pence is a rookie he should have gotten in. He is having the best year of any astro. the kid is batting well over .300 and continues 2 have 3 and 4 hit games. and his defense isnt bad either. So yes he deserves 2 b in San Fransisco.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics