3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Orangeboy

I was hoping he would wait till Friday when I had tickets, but it was an awesome thing to see even on TV. Love the fact that he busted his butt trying to stretch it to a double.  Just happy I have been able to watch such a great player.

its not negative just realistic, the majority of fans are here are homers, and thats fine.  But they lose their objectivity because of it, the Astros, this year are dead in the water.  Biggio is a great player, not just for his 3000 hits, but I applaud him for being one of the few who has done it with one team and not been a mercenary for hire on the free agent market.  So from that he has my respect as a professional.  But there are some who will take that game with him getting 3000, Lee hitting a walk off cold cut combo to win it and say this is where the Astros make their run, and it just ain't happening.

Actualy they have only done it two years, last year was more the Cardinals fallling completely off the map more than anything. 

I have to agree with Dennis here - this team is going nowhere.  They are 14 games back and it's not even the allstar break yet.  And there is no one aspect of this team that you can look to and say "This is what is going to keep us in the race."  They don't have a potent offense, their bullpen is terrible, the starting pitching has been better than most thought it would be, but is still mediocre.

Time to get as much value as you can from your tradeable commodities - Loretta, Lamb, Jennings, Qualls or Wheeler and Lidge.  And if some sucker GM wants Ensberg - take whatever he offers you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder