A brief look at next years B C Cardinals

This is just some guesswork by someone who watched the Cards of this year.

The line up could be--- Casey Jackson Catcher(Sr); Let's just put Jason Clark(Sr) on the mound; Jaden Dillon(Sr) or Anthony Cessac(Jr) on first; second base could be Dustin Breaux(Jr)-(quick as a cat); Matt Hicks(Soph-maybe All-State) at SS; Joe Robertson(Soph) a seasoned 3 base beyond his years;

Now the outfield--Blake Hubbard(Jr), Blake Snyder(Jr), Eric Matthews(Jr), Anthony Cessac(Jr) and Grant Encalade(Jr)......Let's just say"Whoever consistently hits the ball.....Now remember Dustin Breaux, Jaden Dillon and Jason Clark did a great job in the outfield this season and might just end up out there again.

I look for Clark, Cessac, Hicks, Robertson and one incoming Freshman to  handle quite a bit of the mound duties.

The purpose of this thread is to get folks to imagine how THEY think the defense will look next year.

I also understand there will be several incoming Freshman that will seek starting spots, just like Robertson & Hicks did on this #2 team in ability in the state in 3A.

Looking at the strength of the JV and the strong proven younger players I think BC will be in the hunt for years to come.

If they can do what they did after such a strong graduation and being back-to-back final four; I would say the toughest season was this year for the Cards and they played way above the prior season expectations.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASY Brother it's a little too early to be predicting "possible" lineups... because if some of those kids get the big head and don't practice this summer and fall someone who wants it more could definiately take thier spots!! Personally im gonna be working my tail off from now 'till tryouts!!  ;D

This is just some guesswork by someone who watched the Cards of this year.

The line up could be--- Casey Jackson Catcher(Sr); Let's just put Jason Clark(Sr) on the mound; Jaden Dillon(Sr) or Anthony Cessac(Jr) on first; second base could be Dustin Breaux(Jr)-(quick as a cat); Matt Hicks(Soph-maybe All-State) at SS; Joe Robertson(Soph) a seasoned 3 base beyond his years;

Now the outfield--Blake Hubbard(Jr), Blake Snyder(Jr), Eric Matthews(Jr), Anthony Cessac(Jr) and Grant Encalade(Jr)......Let's just say"Whoever consistently hits the ball.....Now remember Dustin Breaux, Jaden Dillon and Jason Clark did a great job in the outfield this season and might just end up out there again.

I look for Clark, Cessac, Hicks, Robertson and one incoming Freshman to  handle quite a bit of the mound duties.

The purpose of this thread is to get folks to imagine how THEY think the defense will look next year.

I also understand there will be several incoming Freshman that will seek starting spots, just like Robertson & Hicks did on this #2 team in ability in the state in 3A.

Looking at the strength of the JV and the strong proven younger players I think BC will be in the hunt for years to come.

If they can do what they did after such a strong graduation and being back-to-back final four; I would say the toughest season was this year for the Cards and they played way above the prior season expectations.

Blake Snyder, Blake Hubbard, Grant Encalade in the outfield you've got to be kidding me lol?? Anthony ceesac wont be on first that i can guarantee.. Breaux's gonna be in center field taking over where Johnny left off, that's why Bryant put him in sometimes in the outfield during the playoffs, not second......And who woudl this Incoming freshamn be thats gunna have a big roll in Cardinal pitching next year? But you're right about the Cardinals having a bright future!!

Was that post a joke?  I think it had to have been.  An incoming freshman on the mound............OMG..........if that happens, then there is a very very serious problem in BC baseball.  Number one, you have way too many players that will be junior and sophomores, that did not play on varsity this year to pull up a freshman.  To name a few, Luke Rhodes, Josh Lemoine,  both of who pitch, catch, and Rhodes has alot of speed, then there is an abundance of to be juniors who did not get a chance to play this year that are waiting in the wings.  Please!

Anyone that knows Matt would've thought that and I certainly don't know of any incoming freshman who even comes close to comparing to Matt.  Most people around here have watched him play from Little League and knew where'd be as a freshman.  Do you know of someone I don't know who can do what he has done as a freshman?  Sorry, there's just too much talent in the other grades to even see that happening in the upcoming year............but stranger things have happened in BC, so it wouldn't surprise me.   

"The purpose of this thread is to get folks to imagine how THEY think the defense will look next year."

Please answer who YOU think will be playing the individual defensive spots, please.

I had a long conversation with a very knowledgeable Select team person who said there are some more "Hicks and Robertson types" coming along in Freshman & U ranks.

He ALSO CONCURRED that the 8th graders this coming season, who have played for many years in travel ball will be just awesome, when it is time for them to find their place-in-the sun in HS ball.

BC has a long history of good developmental baseball.

Incidentaly, there is a little team called "Machine" around 10 years of age that have been playing together for 3 years that are whipping like-age teams in Greater Houston and Louisiana TB circles, big-time!

I agree with you that there are some good JV move-ups that will be seeking these positions along with the this-years bench and the incoming Freshmen.

Let's not just grip--but fill out the possible positions as you see it for next season and we will see who was the closest, OK?

You raise a good point about Matt and his abilities he's a great athlete. But remember we struck gold twice this year with Hicks and Robertson both starting in the infield for our Varsity team...Who knows????

Sorry

here you go

#1 Pitcher, Hicks

#2 Clark

Catcher, Jackson

1st, Snyder

2nd, Cessac

SS, Mathews when Hicks is Pitching

3rd, Robertson

LF, Dillon

CF, Breaux

RF, I would start Clark unless he pitches then I would put Encalade the Backup Catcher out there, seems like he's got a pretty good arm.

Critter,  That list is a very good projection!  You may well be closer in projecting what happens.

One thought,  There is a possibility that Jackson might have minor recurring arm problems and end up at first base, off-and-on.  In that scenario I would picture Robertson Catching and Eric Matthews at third base.  Who else would you see playing third?

Of the boys I know that can play various positions and this will be jr and soph as I don't know the srs left.  

Dustin - speed and can play anywhere and can pitch

Luke - speed and can play anywhere and can pitch

Joe - speed and can play anywhere and can pitch

Matt - he doesn't need me to say anything

Blake - Pitches and infield

Snyder - same as above

Grant - infielder or outfielder

Josh - infielder and pitches

Eric - infielder and pitches

Cory - infielder outfielder

These are just the ones that come to mind and I am sure I left off someone.  And I do think that most of these boys mentioned could be used wherever needed.  As far as position wise, I don't know, I just think there is a huge amount of talent to be used in the Sr, Jr and Soph ranks to even imagine a freshman being pulled up.  Just my opinion for whatever its worth!  BC is going to be loaded with talent in the next couple of years, now how the coaches use that talent remains to be seen.

Critter,  That list is a very good projection!  You may well be closer in projecting what happens.

One thought,  There is a possibility that Jackson might have minor recurring arm problems and end up at first base, off-and-on.  In that scenario I would picture Robertson Catching and Eric Matthews at third base.  Who else would you see playing third?

If I was to take a stab at it I would move Jackson to first Encalade to Catch and leave Robertson at third And then Hubbard to RF...Just my thoughts....

;D You know, that is exactly what I would do too!

You people would SERIOUSLY take an all-state catcher and put him at first base????  Encalade is a good enough ballplayer that he can learn to play many positions.  I just don't see him being the caliber catcher that Jackson or Robertson is and the plate is imperative in this level of ballplaying.  Nothing personal, just an opinion.

"The purpose of this thread is to get folks to imagine how THEY think the defense will look next year."

Please answer who YOU think will be playing the individual defensive spots, please.

I had a long conversation with a very knowledgeable Select team person who said there are some more "Hicks and Robertson types" coming along in Freshman & U ranks.

He ALSO CONCURRED that the 8th graders this coming season, who have played for many years in travel ball will be just awesome, when it is time for them to find their place-in-the sun in HS ball.

BC has a long history of good developmental baseball.

Incidentaly, there is a little team called "Machine" around 10 years of age that have been playing together for 3 years that are whipping like-age teams in Greater Houston and Louisiana TB circles, big-time!

I agree with you that there are some good JV move-ups that will be seeking these positions along with the this-years bench and the incoming Freshmen.

Let's not just grip--but fill out the possible positions as you see it for next season and we will see who was the closest, OK?

WELL THAT'S ALL NICE AND STUFF UPCOMING FRESHMAN.... BUT THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT THEIR TURNS AND BE ON THE FRESHMAN TEAM NEXT YEAR...... ;)... THere's just so much OLDER talent and so many kids... I'd have to imaginE that Coach Bryant's bringing the clippers for real next year......those Juniors that were on the JV last year trying to get on Varsity in '08 will be snipped by Coach Bryant..... and I think some were just playing for fun on the JV and probably won't even go to tryouts next year is going to be serious.........

Was that post a joke?  I think it had to have been.  An incoming freshman on the mound............OMG..........if that happens, then there is a very very serious problem in BC baseball.  Number one, you have way too many players that will be junior and sophomores, that did not play on varsity this year to pull up a freshman.  To name a few, Luke Rhodes, Josh Lemoine,  both of who pitch, catch, and Rhodes has alot of speed, then there is an abundance of to be juniors who did not get a chance to play this year that are waiting in the wings.  Please!

I'll second that!

My pitching roataion for next year would be something like this:

1. Clark

2. Hicks

3. Cessac

The list goes and goes from there

Pluto:  These were just "what if" situations--Jackson does have a lingering arm soreness from time to time that could slightly hamper, especially his throws to first and second.  We were just playing "what if"...

It is amazing that there are several viable catcher replacements on this lineup

To the person from OF asking about Matt Hicks and football....Matt was in a bad car accident(at the time it was considered questionable he would be able to walk) and it is a miracle that he is able to play baseball!  I would hazard a guess that no Dr. would allow him to play football.

You raise a good point about Matt and his abilities he's a great athlete. But remember we struck gold twice this year with Hicks and Robertson both starting in the infield for our Varsity team...Who knows????

Sorry

here you go

#1 Pitcher, Hicks

#2 Clark

Catcher, Jackson

1st, Snyder

2nd, Cessac

SS, Mathews when Hicks is Pitching

3rd, Robertson

LF, Dillon

CF, Breaux

RF, I would start Clark unless he pitches then I would put Encalade the Backup Catcher out there, seems like he's got a pretty good arm.

Encalade = NO Outfield!!! What are y'all thinking?.. maybe an extra oufielder would be Jared Raggio or Corey SMith.....

THIS IS HOW ID GUESS NEXT YEARS DEFENSE WILL BE...

WHen CLark Starts:

!st Pitcher Clark

Catcher    Jackson

First Base Snyder

Second    Matthews

Short       Hicks

THird       Robertson

Left         Dillon

Center     Breaux

Right       Ceesac

DH ?         ?

Hicks Starter

Catcher  Encalade

1st        Jackson

2nd       Matthews

ss         Robertson

3rd       Snyder

LF        Dillon

CF        Breaux

RF        Clark

NO DH

Cessac Starter

Catcher  Jackson

1st        Snyder

2nd        Matthews

ss          Hicks

3Rd        Robertson

LF         Dillon

CF         Breaux

RF         Clark

DH?         ?

I would like to compliment all the young men who have participated in this "what if" discussion. You all seem to have a good handle on the dynamics of baseball and see the different efficiency levels under different conditions: especially according to who is on the mound.

Intelligence is an important factor in baseball strategy and you guys seem to have a good serving of diamond savvy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder