Do you think the 'stros should go after anyone??

the Astros should be completely blown up and re-done.  The problem is no one wants anyone the Astros have.  So they cant even be buyers for a "possible" but no where near likely playoff run.  They need hitting and pitching.  But who can you afford to trade?  Berkman wont be dealt because he is a Houston guy, Rice ex if for no other reason.  Lee just got that huge deal.  You cant think about trades just because you're an Astro fan it has to work for BOTH teams and if you were the GM of another major league team who on the roster would you want?  Outside of Berkman, Lee and Pence, there is not a starting player for Houston worth a major league pitcher on the roster.  And the same holds true pitching wise if you tried to deal from the pitching staff.  The only pitcher worth trading for would be Oswalt and you know that one isn't going to happen.  There is not another pitcher on the roster worth an EVERYDAY player. You might trade someone for some pinch hitter spare part but no one that would really help their team.  It's time to put down the Astro kool-aid and realize they're not any good this year.  Biggio should be made into a coach 5 seconds after his 3000th hit never to play again, but would still be a valuable asset as a coach or manager.  Ensberg should be flat out released, the same goes for Jason Lane and Chris Burke.

with his .235 average, sounds like a bright future ::) I was never refrring to his fielding I was referring to his lack of offense.  He'll never be much if anything more than a .250 hitter with 5-6 HR and maybe 10 SB, those are stats for a role player not someone you expect to play every day, he strikes out far too much, he's not a contact hitter.  This is his 4th year in the bigs... if he hasnt caught on by now chances are that he wont.

even though hes been here 4 years he still has alot of growin room. being around people like biggio, bagwell, berkman, Lee will help him. if anything they can give him battin tips. The fact is if they need 2 get rid of any1 it would have 2 be ensberg and lane, they havnt been helping the team out at all. and if ur yellin about how the astros need 2 get rid of burke how come ur not yellin for everett 2 b released 2??? he is the same thing as burke, bad offense but the best defensive shortstop in the leauge!

DWC? with all do respect, and remember, im saying WITH ALL DO RESPECT! (which of coarse excuses me from what im saying, lol) but thats plum stupid! actually, flat out retardid. there isnt a player in the MLB that the yankees would give up for a-rod, and especially those three. the astros best bet is to just forget this year. there not going to pull another miracle out of there butts. there done! mark my word. they need to hope for a VERY high draft pick this upcoming year. they need to just continue building there system up. and hope for more people like pence to keep popping up. but as far as trades go, we have NO bait at all. MAYBE, just maybe. eric munson. a lot of power, and young. but other than that..

davidortizfan, the question was who should the astros go after,who gives a flip what the yanks will do. the astros need to open the pocketbook and get a ss who can hit. and why not go after the best. Jeter already has his team ,A-rod needs his.

with lidge going on the DL, the idiots don't need to pick up anybody because they may do better because with Lidge in the lineup they couldn't figure out he is the sole reason they are losing

if lidge is the reason the 'stros r losin then why did the bullpen blow a lead 2 times last night??? just wonderin. ya lidge has blown things but he's not the entire reason why there losin. Berkman is 1 of my favorite players but he hasnt really picked up his slack.

Lidge,Ensberg,Burke to the Yanks For A-Rod. A-Rod to short ,Everet to second,

Bruntlet to third.

I would absolutly LOVE if the 'stros got arod this offseason but myself and about a billion other people know that he will prob opt out of his final years of his contract and go sign a deal with the cubies. Izturis is in his final year of his contract so the cubs wont sign him back they will go after arod and put him back at shortstop. plus havin sweet lou there in chicago basically reels in arod 4 the cubs. there gonna b loaded!!!

Prospects - This season is over - time to blow it up.

The Braves have a young catcher and need bullpen help.  Lidge for Saltalamacchia (sp?).

We could also trade Jennings, Loretta and Qualls/Wheeler for prospects and start getting younger and cheaper.

Just my opinion.

Prospects - This season is over - time to blow it up.

The Braves have a young catcher and need bullpen help.  Lidge for Saltalamacchia (sp?).

We could also trade Jennings, Loretta and Qualls/Wheeler for prospects and start getting younger and cheaper.

Just my opinion.

why would u want 2 trade loretta and qualls??? loretta is doin fine at short and has been consistent with the bat. and qualls is the best in the pen.

Because the team is going nowhere this year! Loretta is on a one year deal so get something for him now.  After Loretta there is no other tradeable commodity among the position players, so you have to look at what other slots might give you value. 

The contending teams are all going to be looking to add bullpen help, and with the history that Qualls/Wheeler/Lidge have, they could get you some quality prospects that could be major leagu ready in the near future (assuming that the bidding would be between a few teams driving the price up). 

Pull up a couple of guys from the farm late in the season - Patton, Ash, etc. and give them a look and see where you need to go in the off-season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder