New rivals?

Guest BC boy 17

Is there a rivalry now?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a rivalry now?

• yes
    • no

For sure...after Jasper took the district crown from them, and THEN knocked them out of the playoffs, there will definently be some bad blood between the two...

Rivalry's just make the game better

Don't know about "bad blood" but it will be playoff type atomspere throughout next season no matter who they play.  Everyone will be pumped to try and knock off the defending state champs, especially a talented BC.

i'll tell you this...every single game was intense and the stands were packed no matter where the venue...

after playing three games in a row w/ them and that atmosphere i went and played a babe ruth game and i felt like i was playing in a library. 

i would deffinately say this year sparked a new rivalry, forget lcm

Guest BC boy 17

you young'uns are so funny sometimes.  jasper and bridge city started playing baseball against each other in 1963.  what do you mean, a NEW rivalry?   ;D :o

BC and Jasper have never been in the same district (from what i know) atleast since ive been around, i never though of jasper as a rival, because we might would only play the dawgs once a year

BC and Jasper have never been in the same district (from what i know) atleast since ive been around, i never though of jasper as a rival, because we might would only play the dawgs once a year

Jasper was in district with BC for several years included the years with Shane Dronett.

Guest BC boy 17

Jasper was in district with BC for several years included the years with Shane Dronett.

oh well i didnt know that, so i guess we just renewed the rivalry again

oh well i didnt know that, so i guess we just renewed the rivalry again

jasper and bridge city started playing baseball against each other in 1963 - IN DISTRICT.  That was the year BC moved up from 2a.  Amazingly, Jasper lost its first four game in district, while BC won its first four games.  Most everyone thought Jasper had no chance at district.  Even more amazingly, BC started losing games, and Jasper won the district again, and made it back to state for the second time.  :)

Guest Orangeboy

As a BC player I always loved playing Jasper, and I still can't get enough of this matchup. Can't wait till next year when the Cards take the district back!

As a BC player I always loved playing Jasper, and I still can't get enough of this matchup. Can't wait till next year when the Cards take the district back!

You can have district, but the Dogs have already reserved the Region III and State spots.  ;D

Guest Orangeboy

You can have district, but the Dogs have already reserved the Region III and State spots.   ;D

Keep talkin JDog, you will see next year my boy.

Keep talkin JDog, you will see next year my boy.

just kidding.  the Dogs will quietly go back to their place in the cellar.  :)  like they did this year.  ;)

No, it will be a whole new year.  And it would be kind of silly for Jasper, or any other team to start staking claims.  Nobody has done anything yet.  Jasper for sure will have to do a bit of reloading.  And what they accomplished this year will not mean diddly next year. 

Good luck to BC.  And Silsbee.  And HJ and everyone else.  :)

Guest Orangeboy

Should be another exciting year. We could be close to that four way tie we almost had. I look for Jasper, BC, Silsbee, and HJ to all be strong. While HF and OF will be much improved with most of their teams coming back.

BC hasnt ever been in 2a jdog

Want to bet ???  What were they in before they moved up to the "old" 3a back in 1963?  Class A?  Class B?  If not those, that leaves only Class 2A, or 4a.

Check this out.  I would not take such easy money.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed