Jasper...The Best 3A Team Ever?

Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?

• Yes
    • No

i forgot to add that it is true that some of those teams didnt win the champioship but they were playing in a year when 3a had better competition so i dont think you can compare them that way. if the 04 team were to face off with the 07 team with parker pitching im pretty sure the 04 team would win. i dont exactly remember the other guys name who pitched but he was pretty good too. all i remember was that they had a good team. so lets not make judgements on who had the better team based upon who had better accomplishments.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to add that it is true that some of those teams didnt win the champioship but they were playing in a year when 3a had better competition so i dont think you can compare them that way. if the 04 team were to face off with the 07 team with parker pitching im pretty sure the 04 team would win. i dont exactly remember the other guys name who pitched but he was pretty good too. all i remember was that they had a good team. so lets not make judgements on who had the better team based upon who had better accomplishments.

I agree that 04 team was very good.  and I also agree that all of those teams you mentioned were absolute top notch.  last year's BC and la grange from 04 are the best 2 teams I have seen with my own eyes in 3A.  I do think this years Jasper team would give either of those teams a great series in 2 out of 3.

• 2 weeks later...

theres no way the wouldnt have even to been able to hang with the team bc put on the field last year the competiton just wasnt as good as it was 2 or 3 years ago

All hypothetical..bottom line is that Jasper was head and shoulders better than any team at the state tournament this year.  And one of those team was last year's state champ that beat BC.  LE had back most of their team this year and Jasper destroyed them.  Angelle and crew certainly were better than this year's BC team, and this year's was very good.

theres no way the wouldnt have even to been able to hang with the team bc put on the field last year the competiton just wasnt as good as it was 2 or 3 years ago

That is kind of funny that Jasper could not have hung with BC 2 or 3 years ago.  Ya'll remember a little team named Columbus?  Took BC out in a one game series.  The next week Jasper ten-run ruled Columbus twice, batting around in one inning after two outs.

Yeah, kind of funny that Jasper could not have hung with BC.  Well, we will never know because BC could not even handle a huge underdog named Columbus.  But Jasper handled them.  :)

And as for hanging with the BC team last year, Jasper did take out the team this year by 14-4 that BC lost to in the Semi's last year.

anything can happen in baseball, anybody who knows the game can understand that, the best team doesn't always win. After the BC Jasper regional finals, I thought that 3A was down a little this year.  I dont know if they just didn't play well or what, but that was some sloppy baseball.  Jasper was good and always fought to win,  but i do not think they were as good as some of the other teams I have played against the 05 and 06 BC teams and were both very good.  I also played against 04 La Grange with Homer Bailey (which is the best team ever in 3A i believe), and Jasper would not have taken a series from them

anything can happen in baseball, anybody who knows the game can understand that, the best team doesn't always win. After the BC Jasper regional finals, I thought that 3A was down a little this year.  I dont know if they just didn't play well or what, but that was some sloppy baseball.  Jasper was good and always fought to win,  but i do not think they were as good as some of the other teams I have played against the 05 and 06 BC teams and were both very good.  I also played against 04 La Grange with Homer Bailey (which is the best team ever in 3A i believe), and Jasper would not have taken a series from them

Jasper's defense was shakey in several of their playoff games, but also looked very good in others.  For the whole season I would say they had an excellent defensive team.

• 2 weeks later...

Best 3A team ever? Not sure?  Can say....they totally dominated state like no other team in the tournament.  Key word = team.  They had no weaknesses, none.  A shaky defense?  Come on.  Jasper's pitching seemed alot better than average.  Seems Bridge City had difficulties scoring runs on them....After Jasper had blown-out the team from Texarkana in the championship game they made 4-5 errors.  Other than the errors in the championship game, they had very few errors throughout the playoffs.  Maybe an error here and there..... Homer Bailey does not equal a team.

The LaGrange team of '04 was really good, and they had more than Homer. Three other pitchers off of that team are still playing in college. (Colter Zoch, Jake Kozelsky, and Stetson Hrbacek) They had several other players that also went on to college ball. Their only loss that year was to 5A Leander in a playoff warm up game. The Jasper '04 team was awesome as well. Someone mentioned that Jasper blew away Columbus in '04 just after Columbus had taken out BC. Well, they forgot to mention that Columbus BEAT Jasper 6-4 in the first game of that series. Columbus ran out of pitching and Jasper 10 runned them the next two games. The Lorena team that went undefeated was pretty awesome also.  Many of the Lorena boys are playing college ball now.  A few years back, Waco LaVega went 34-1 behind Arthur Rhodes but were beaten by Jaime Sepeda and Sinton in the finals. Those were good teams as well.

All great teams mentioned by DaBears... We will never know, but the question of which 3A team is best has been fun.  Jasper's championship team could have competed with anyone, any year.  Not to belittle Jasper, and forgive me for putting it this way, but Jasper did seem to be "a team of destiny" this year, beginning with the at home Silsbee game this year.  Alot of things fell into place.  .... Would have liked to have seen Jasper's ace (Travis Reagan) get to throw in the state tourny.  He just played SS due to an injury....  Congrats to Jasper and looking forward to Bridge City vs. Jasper next year!  Yes, I do believe a new rivalry has begun between these two powerhouses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami