Jasper vs Liberty Eylau- State Championship- Thoughts, Predictions

I had the opportunity to watch LE yesterday. Middlebrooks looked like all that he was cracked up to be for the first few innings, but then looked like he started running out of gas in about the 4th when Sinton got a few runs on him. I don' t think Jasper would have too much of a problem hitting him, although I dont think he'll be able to pitch today since he threw all 7 innings yesterday..

LE looked like they were a good team, however not as good as Bridge City. I think Jasper has played better teams this year and beaten better teams this year. I do think that LE is good enough to beat Jasper, but only if Jasper doesnt play to their capabilities. Liberty Eylau has lost twice to Carthage this year, whom we all know was fairly easily taken out by Bridge City a few weeks ago. I'm not sure thats a legitimate comparison, but its all we have at this point.

I believe LE will send their #2 pitcher to the mound today. I had the opportunity to see him throw some yesterday and he's nothing Jasper hasnt faced this season. He's left handed, but no where near the caliber of Stringer, or some of the others that the Dawgs hav faced this year. I wouldnt even attempt to speculate on who will start for Jasper. For all we know it could be Parsons again. If it was me, I'd start Stephenson. Seems like he has the hot hand after the great performance last weekend.

BTW, Abilene Wylie would not have made it out of our district had they been in it. Jasper may have the worst record in the tourney, but they've definitely played the toughest schedule....

Guest ballfan

Stringer I know i have probaly said this in about 6 different posts but your a class act man and I know we appreciate your support. Go Get em' dogs!!

I have always thought we (SE TX) were treated to the State Championship series when BC played Jasper!!  My two most favorite 3A teams, btw!

Anyway, I hope Jasper goes out and plays hard and with heart and beats L-E for the State Championship!!

Go Dawgs!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn