Coach Billy Bryant...future coaching hall of famer...

"I agree with the theory but part of the man's job is to help his players beyond the HS baseball field.  Compare and contrast his efforts to what Coach Griff does over at LCM. " from MIF04

Just to clarify...........no coaching contract for High School states you have to help players beyond the HS baseball field ( the best player agent a high school athlete has is his parents.....you know that probably from experience MIF)...........I think that's a coaches personal choice.......(my personal choice would be to help...not helping would be a bad choice in my opinion)........Coach Griff and Coach Anderson(WO-S) are probably the best (Anderson would still help a kid if he felt he could)...........I think wins and scholarships go hand in hand.....if your kids are going to College for baseball you probably have a successful program.........But you can caravan an eighteen wheeler full of kids a summer all across camps in Texas........but if your not winning your probably not going to be around long..........

True...but when you hinder players there is a problem. 

I am one of his former assistants.  The only reason that I left was for a better situation career wise.  I was looking for a house in Bridge City when I received my current job as Defensive Coordinator.  Billy is a very good coach and I would coach for him again if the opportunity is there.  As for as helping get athletes to college, ask the ones attending now if he helped them.

I can give you a list that will disagree with this statement..How many players from the last two years are we talking about?? (Both teams were state semifinalists)

Amazing, the field is bad because coach bryant doesn't suck up to the administration..bridge city only wins games because of the talent the last 4 years, when was the last time BC had a losing season, oh yea that same talent didn't get scholarships because the coach hid them, you trash the man here you trash him in the stands, you got injun that is the greatest because he has coached and umped in thousands of little league games, you got red1 going back and deleting all the old accusations.. where were you people at after the hurricane when he was securing the equipment and tools, and the grounds people laughed at him when he asked for help. here is a question --- how many people got baseball scholarships and who were the coaches from bridge city at the time and how many played 4 years or went pro... by the way who do you think nominates a player for the all-star game. So somebody twist that around.  

I watched a game that TJ played BC,Coach Taylor was the coach from tj, he came and sat in the stands for most of the game, i finally later asked him what he was doing, his comment to me was -- if i have to teach on gameday its a little late... point being- this is the players team they know what to do its up to them to execute...

Amazing, the field is bad because coach bryant doesn't suck up to the administration..bridge city only wins games because of the talent the last 4 years, when was the last time BC had a losing season, oh yea that same talent didn't get scholarships because the coach hid them, you trash the man here you trash him in the stands, you got injun that is the greatest because he has coached and umped in thousands of little league games, you got red1 going back and deleting all the old accusations.. where were you people at after the hurricane when he was securing the equipment and tools, and the grounds people laughed at him when he asked for help. here is a question --- how many people got baseball scholarships and who were the coaches from bridge city at the time and how many played 4 years or went pro... by the way who do you think nominates a player for the all-star game. So somebody twist that around.  

I watched a game that TJ played BC,Coach Taylor was the coach from tj, he came and sat in the stands for most of the game, i finally later asked him what he was doing, his comment to me was -- if i have to teach on gameday its a little late... point being- this is the players team they know what to do its up to them to execute...

Whoa tiger........I have not deleted any...read that not one post on this board. 

Funny, you say the field is bad "because coach bryant doesn't suck up to the administration.."  when his mom was on the school board??  Whatever it takes, the field is a embarassment that needs to be taken care of.

As for as the hurricane, all the equipment should have been put up anyway...it was September.  Kind of like the batting cages.  They use the old one, with parts they took off the new one, but don't bother replacing the parts on the new one.

Please, in your next post use better sentence structure....reading your post is a nightmare. ;)

Regardless of opinion, I don't consider myself a enemy of Coach Bryant.  He has his faults....we all do, just hope his faults improve.

The comments were in reference to a player blaming Coach Bryant for the condition of the field. What i was trying to convey was that after the hurricane hit that he tried to save as much equipment as possible and when he asked for help he got none.

The comments were in reference to a player blaming Coach Bryant for the condition of the field. What i was trying to convey was that after the hurricane hit that he tried to save as much equipment as possible and when he asked for help he got none.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  My only post concerning Coach Bryant besides this thread was the thread about Coach of the Year.  I will check, but I don't think I made a comment about the field in that one.

What you said in your other post, "you got red1 going back and deleting all the old accusations.. " is not true.  I don't have the authority to delete other's post and I have not deleted any of mine.

Your comment, "What i was trying to convey was that after the hurricane hit that he tried to save as much equipment as possible and when he asked for help he got none."

is nice, but the equipment should have been secured before the hurricane.  After the hurricane, people had to take care of thier own things.....if you remember school did not reconvene for about 3 weeks.  All those school workers, were not even being allowed back in the City for a while after the hurricane.

The field is still a eyesore.

This is really silly but a prime example of the problem here. I was here in this town and talked to individuals riding around in bridge city independent school district trucks. I talked to coach bryant at the field and this all took place before most people even attempted to get back in to town. Sorry it doesn't fit your timetable.

Guest coachhooker

Coach Bryant is a coach....not a baby sitter. He has to put the talent together in a way so it works to it's full potential.......and he does a great job at it by the way.....

thank you

Guest coachhooker

you know what i would love to stick any person (especially a non-coach) in coach Bryant's shoes for a playoff series and see how they would do. 

Guest Bulldog

Well for starters I hope the other person would have some control of his players.

A.  Pitchers getting on public board and talking smack about their players, defense etc. all year.

B.  Stopping parents from going to dugout...It's VARSITY ball now mom and dad.

C.  Allowing players out of dugout during game to visit with their girlfriends at the       

fence. Funny I saw that happen in JASPER.

D.  Allowing players to disrespect you in the media and on the field and continuing to let them ride the bus much less playing them the next game.

Someone should let you coach then POOLAID sence you think you could do better......