Division I Tournament Bracket (Final 32)

Wow, I didn't realize how dominant the South is in college baseball.... only 2 of the 22 remaining teams are further north than Louisville, Kentucky....  Oregon St. and Michigan, both of whom potentially could be eliminated today.

Wow, I didn't realize how dominant the South is in college baseball.... only 2 of the 22 remaining teams are further north than Louisville, Kentucky....  Oregon St. and Michigan, both of whom potentially could be eliminated today.

much of that is because of the climate.

Oregon State, North Carolina, Rice, Cal State Fullerton and Clemson are all 2006 CWS participants arguably finishing 2006 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively judging from their CWS performances (Oregon St, UNC, Rice and CSF were the 4 semifinalists last year and Clemson fell 6-7 to CSF in the round prior to the Semis)... and all are still alive looking to return this year.

#2 Rice, #3 North Carolina, #5 Arizona State, Louisville, UC-Irvine, and Mississippi State have all advanced to the College World Series...

Defending champ Oregon St. leads 1-0 over Michigan and Cal State-Fullerton leads 1-0 over UCLA for the final two slots.

Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball and in the National Collegiate Baseball Writer's Polls all have Rice #1 and North Carolina #2

Should be a great matchup Sunday 6pm.  The two have only met one other time in the past 5 seasons....

2/27/04 at Rice

Rice - 8

UNC - 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124