Summer Workout Article From Beaumont Schools

Guest RBarker

no

Regardless of what I sound like, you guys know that I am right... ;)

no what u are is different, football will always be KING

Guest DickVitale

Football is a bunch of guys holding hands and sweating on each other! ;D...Look guys, that type of mentality is just contagious in this state, and that is OK...Just know that people in Texas love hoops, and pecan (football) heads can't stand it...Remember there are more NBA players on rosters from Texas than there are on NFL rosters..(proportionately, that is) :o..Look it up...Its a fact. 32 NBA teams, 12 players on each roster, 30 NFL teams, 65 on a roster....hmmmm.. ::)...But Texas is a football state??? Numbers don't lie.....Boy I love it when I do my homework!!!!! ;D

Guest 87CRU79

Vitale you may want  to get out of what ever basketball fantasy world that you are living in. Like the rest of, you more than likely live in Texas. Translation: Football Country. Last time I checked they don't make a statewide magazine reviewing every single district in all 5 classifications. Dude. most schools in this area experience massive revenue incomes during months of August to mid December, and say it with me now...Football Season. Oh yeah, and for most schools Basketball Season is just something to keep the die hard school fans busy until the next Football Season.

Guest DickVitale

More BASKETBALL players playing professionally from Texas than football players, with less numbers (12) per pro team roster= TEXAS IS NOT A TRUE FOOTBALL STATE....SEE FLORIDA for TRUE football state.....FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA-TRUE FOOTBALL STATES....Texans want so bad to be considered.....sorry, not so.  Spend more money than you make = drain on school district budgets everywhere!! ;)...Hey, don't shoot the messenger here!! ;D

There are always exceptions to the rule Dickey V.  You probably come from a school that is terrible in football and great in basketball....which is fine and you are entitled to your opinion.  I do have to say you are doing a great job of stirring up the pot, which is most likely your objective in this thread.

More BASKETBALL players playing professionally from Texas than football players, with less numbers (12) per pro team roster= TEXAS IS NOT A TRUE FOOTBALL STATE....SEE FLORIDA for TRUE football state.....FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA-TRUE FOOTBALL STATES....Texans want so bad to be considered.....sorry, not so.  Spend more money than you make = drain on school district budgets everywhere!! ;)...Hey, don't shoot the messenger here!! ;D

Did you get cut from your High school football team, is this the reason you are making such moronic statements?

That is what I said...IF THEY HAD A FOLLOWING...which in most cases is not the case...You have a few band parents, some cheerleader moms, and a few die hards...Thats it in most cases...The PNG's, the Nederland's, and so on will carry their weight....What about LCM? Central? Central fans leave after they see the band at halftime!! Heck, Ozen fans were fairweather...Think about the money THEY lost last season...They were all waiting on what? (Lets say it together) BASKETBALL SEASON....FACT: The Ozen booster club makes more money during basketball season than any other.....It is like that in many school districts. Also in Houston ISD - don't even get me started on the pathetic football there. Other than Yates, Madison, and Lamar it is non-existent... And the list goes on and on....Hey I don't mean to rain on your football parade, but that is just how it is.

fwcoa, you can speculate all you want about costs, I am telling you facts.  Please refrain from calling me ignorant, we can agree to disagree...We are supposed to be having an intelligent, fun, debate/conversation here..I am not attacking anyone here...thank you

Dickvitale you are one sick puppy, Everything you are saying is very much incorrect. The thousands of fans that goes to Central games go to watch football and watch the band perform at halftime and everyone does not get up leave ater the band performes. Central have a great football program and great fans who spend their money to watch some exciting football, You name a Central game you went to in which you probably don't go to any that after halftime all the fans left the game. Its amazing when something negative comes in situation its always people like you that tries to bring schools like Central or Ozen in it. Whether you like it or not Texas is a state for all sports in which fans alike support their teams....Stop the hate....

Guest DickVitale

Its OK....You football lovers are all in denial...But, why all the name calling?? It is not necessary at all...This is supposed to be good, clean, conversation, that happens to be somewhat informative and entertaining.  Now back to the issue:

I really don't hate football as much as you guys think..I am, however, a basketball guy from my heart and always will be. Grew up in the gym, played, and now coach the sport.  I am, however, sick of how people in Texas TRY to downplay basketball, and for all practical purposes it draws just as much or more interest in some cases (i.e. OZEN)  I like football, I just don't like the attitude of football coaches and "enthusiasts" when it comes to basketball.  They try to downplay it in every way, especially if the football team is bad.  Then they try to undercut the basketball program in suttle ways.  Yes it happens.  Support your school in all sports.  I hate to hear "football town".  That drives me nuts!  So there you have it.  The REAL reason I feel that TEXAS IS NOT A FOOTBALL STATE!! It is an ATHLETICS state...Texans love sports....That sounds much better, anyway ;D

Guest Sports Cards

Its OK....You football lovers are all in denial...But, why all the name calling?? It is not necessary at all...This is supposed to be good, clean, conversation, that happens to be somewhat informative and entertaining.  Now back to the issue:

I really don't hate football as much as you guys think..I am, however, a basketball guy from my heart and always will be. Grew up in the gym, played, and now coach the sport.  I am, however, sick of how people in Texas TRY to downplay basketball, and for all practical purposes it draws just as much or more interest in some cases (i.e. OZEN)  I like football, I just don't like the attitude of football coaches and "enthusiasts" when it comes to basketball.  They try to downplay it in every way, especially if the football team is bad.  Then they try to undercut the basketball program in suttle ways.  Yes it happens.  Support your school in all sports.  I hate to hear "football town".  That drives me nuts!  So there you have it.  The REAL reason I feel that TEXAS IS NOT A FOOTBALL STATE!! It is an ATHLETICS state...Texans love sports....That sounds much better, anyway ;D

Why don't you go to a basketball message board then? Basketball is a "secondary" sport. It's a sport that kids play to get quicker feet for football....

Besides look at the ratings and polls... In America people's favorite sports are the NFL, Baseball, NASCAR, then Basketball..... Soon Basketball will be passed by Men's Golf and UFC.

America, including Texas, just isn't into Basketball anymore. Rebut how you will, but the numbers speak for themselves. Besides, who gives a crap if football cost money, or doesn't make much, people love it so much they don't really care!

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=622

Guest DickVitale

Sounds like a true football coach...Are you nuts?  NASCAR?  You know what, I am not going to even dignify that comment with a response.... 8)

Guest Sports Cards

Hey, you know me and football, is like Kryptonite to Superman!!! ;D

Look at the Harris Pole. Racing over Basketball. And Kryptonite, your giving yourself WAY too much credit. You're growing into more like a cyst. Annoying, harmless, yet hangs around where it's unwanted, lol....

Guest DickVitale

HEY!! I have been called a lot of things before, but this is where I draw the line!!... :D A CYST!!OK Man put up your dukes!!! a CYST!! :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami