East Chambers In 07?

Guest Ozen

Three offers for Tramain Thomas

Tramain Thomas may only have three offers as of this moment, but his recruiting attention throughout the country is sure to increase. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound safety from Winnie (Texas) East Chambers has offers from Arizona, Baylor, and Houston as he's also receiving interest from numerous other schools.

QUESTION. IS HE GOING FOR FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL?

He hasn't decided yet. Here is the latest article from rivals.com:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tramain Thomas may only have three offers as of this moment, but his recruiting attention throughout the country is sure to increase.

Tramain Thomas is up to three offers.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound safety from Winnie (Texas) East Chambers has offers from Arizona, Baylor, and Houston as he's also receiving interest from numerous other schools.

"Recruiting is good," he said. "I am enjoying the process right now. Arizona offered me, Houston and Baylor as well. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, LSU, and Texas Tech are also recruiting me. I am just keeping my options open right now."

Thomas is being recruited by Arizona assistant Bill Bedenbaugh and says that the relationship between the two is strong.

"Coach Bedenbaugh is recruiting me over at Arizona," Thomas said. "We talked the other night and our relationship is good right now."

Thomas says that there are two specific things that he will be looking at as he makes his school choice.

"I am looking for a school that has good academics and will help me graduate," Thomas said. "I am also looking for a program that is going to help me compete for a job my freshman or sophomore year."

When asked about his strengths, Thomas says that his knack for the ball may be his biggest one.

Thomas also plays basketball.

"When I am on the field I have good ball skills," he said. "I am also just an aggressive football player."

Thomas is getting his plans straightened out for the summer, although he already has plans to visit at least two campuses.

"I think I am going to the Oklahoma State camp in Houston and then the LSU camp," he said. "I might go to some other camps and campuses besides that but I am not sure where I would be going just yet."

Thomas' high school coach, Tony Valastro, told John Talman of Rivals.com in February, "I think he's going to have some opportunities playing basketball. He's the best basketball player I've been around and possibly one of the top two or three football players I've been associated with as well. He's just got a lot of ability and loves to play and compete."

Thomas will be busy with basketball this summer as he plays on the AAU circuit with his Houston Select team.

The basketball plans for the summer could affect Thomas' football schedule, as he hopes to decide on a college after he is done with the numerous tournaments he will be playing in.

"I want to make a decision probably after we finish our AAU basketball," he said. "I hope to have my decision in late July or early August."

GOAZCATS.com will keep readers updated on Tramain Thomas' recruitment as it continues throughout the summer.

Guest ECBucFan

OK, here goes. I honestly believe the biggest factor will be their determination. If they are determined, they can do real well. I don't know if we can go 10-0 like last year, but it is not impossible. I hope complacency does not set in. If it does, we will pay. EC has to realize EVERY time they step on to the field, they wear a bullseye. Everyone badly wants to beat EC. The players have to know that.

We gotta "bring it" each and every Friday night...

I believe they are returning 5 starters to offense and 8 or 9 to defense. They lost 3 of the 5 linemen last year, but I think they are covered pretty well for this season.  I agree with Bucfan, the bucs are going to have everyone watching them and everyone playing their best game against them.  I believe if they take the season one game at a time, they can go 10-0.  But they can't just think that they will win when they walk out on the field.

I think the difference will be the addition of RUSTY to the coaching staff; maybe they won’t have to score 30pts. To win. EC will be tuff and probably be a better team over all than last year. I believe Rusty maybe EC’s answer to Mart. GO BUCS!!!!!!

EC will most defintly be one of the top teams in 24 2a but I think will half to fight for first with Kountze and Buna.

Kountze needs to win a few district games before they pack it off to the playoffs! They will not beat EC,Buna,Deweyville or Warren. Gone be hard to make the playoffs with 4 district losses.

Guest ECBucFan

Big, Strong, Fast, and Talented, I think they will go several rounds deep in the playoffs this year.

Thanks for the nice words.  :) I agree with all of them except for the very first one!  ;D LOL!  ;D

Guest coachhooker

Rusty should make the difference for that defense should sorry and will help them past Mart and make a deep run just like they used to do at LaGrange

Guest Yard Bird

Where did Chris F. go?  i thought he was the DC?

With Tramain pulling the trigger, EC will be tough to beat.  I do agree with ECBUC, they will have a huge target on the back each and every week.  Good luck to Coach V and the bucs

• 3 weeks later...

Watched EC in years past and they have a great tradition.  I don't think there will be much of a challenge from anyone in 24 2A.  EC will be their own enemy.  Getting past Mart has always been a big problem.  Hopefully it hasn't become a mental issue.  When A. Evans was there, every year he would tell me, "the freshmen can't play a lick".  Three years later the same boys would be headed to the playoffs.  I think that kind of tradition lives on.  Best of luck to the Bucs!

Guest Holton Johnson

Big problem with EC, they play a weak schedule, when they hit the playoffs they find out they are not as good as they think they are. It's much better to play a tough schedule and lose a game or two than to go undefeated playing a weak schedule.

No disrespect to EC, they have a good program. A lot of coaches like to play a weak schedule, JOB SECURITY--

Guest ECBucFan

Thanks, but don't bother with Holton Johnson. Thats just another Newton guy taking another slap at EC. We had a better year last year than they did, and it's apparently killing them. They can't acknowledge facts. Add the fact that Barbay Sr. is near retirement, and after this year the talent might drop off somewhat for Newton, well, who knows then...

Too bad they go down this path. I know a number (self included) of EC fans have supported Newton in the playoffs. I made a NUMBER of trips with them. No matter, though. EC has a program (and a young sucessful coach) many admire. Thats what matters to EC fans, not the Newton critics.

Happy Fathers Day to all.

Guest Holton Johnson

Sorry, did not mean to make you mad. I have a lot of respect for E.C. Hope you do good in the playoffs this year. Hope you get to play one of those teams that had a worse record that you did last year (like Newton).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed