*MONTGOMERY 2 BARBERS HILL 0 FINAL/GAME 1*

Eagle07 I figured out what went wrong.  Every time ETBU watches us play we lose.  I'll get the big stick out and you watch the gate tomorrow night.  Maybe we can get one of those "wanted" sings posted early enought to catch him when he exits FM-2100...... ;D

Guest etbu

Eagle07 I figured out what went wrong.  Every time ETBU watches us play we lose.  I'll get the big stick out and you watch the gate tomorrow night.  Maybe we can get one of those "wanted" sings posted early enought to catch him when he exits FM-2100...... ;D

Dang it 89-2 only friend I have on the board and you pull a judas on me.  :'( I am going to stay away tomorrow bc going to watch Dayton spring game. Plus I saw you guys win when you pounded Huffman in game one this year.  ;D How did you like that facility brutha?  ;D

MBBC (by the way..what does that stand for ?  ;D) The Bears have a pitcher that matches up very well with Thamm..they call him Stone.....Two Jr. lefthanders..not really overpowering...but very crafty...which in turn makes it overpowering ?? Honestly, I just wanna win.  ;D

Dang it 89-2 only friend I have on the board and you pull a judas on me.  :'( I am going to stay away tomorrow bc going to watch Dayton spring game. Plus I saw you guys win when you pounded Huffman in game one this year.  ;D How did you like that facility brutha?  ;D

Facility was nice, but man LCM would never want to play there.  Field was too big.... ;D ;D ;D ;D  Home field tonight, different result on the way......hopefully. :o

From the BH Sports Report.

Montgomery Takes Game 1 Against BH, 2-0

Montgomery Bears took what was given and held on for a 2-0 victory over Barbers Hill in game 1 of a best of three series. Game 2 now moves to Mont Belvieu where Kendall Thamm will take on Montgomery ace, Bobby Stone. The game will be played Thursday at 7 p.m.

The starting pitchers for both teams pitched very well as the stats bear out. Eagle Ross Hales, who took the loss, gave up 2 unearned runs and 4 hits while striking out 5. Hales walked 2 and the Eagles committed 4 costly errors behind the lefty. Montgomery starter Cody Springer allowed 4 hits, 1 walk, 3 hit batters while shutting out the Eagles.

With one out in the second, Hales walked designated hitter Chip Rogers. Rogers then stole second to get into scoring position. When second baseman Matt Johnson grounded a 1-hopper back to Hales, Rogers took off for third. A major blunder on Rogers part would turn into the Bears first run when the throw to the third baseman could not be handled allowing Rogers to slide in safely. A ground out by the next batter plated Rogers as Montgomery took a 1-0 lead.

In the third, the Bears would once again score without putting the ball out of the infield. Bear first baseman Bobby Stone legged out a chopper over Hales head for an infield hit. Then on a pickoff move to first, Stone took off for second. But once again instead of recording an out, the Bear runner ended up safely reaching the base when the throw struck the side of the runner. Two pitches later, Stone found himself on third when a Hales' pitch landed in front of the plate. Third baseman Chance Eggleston's grounder short allowed Stone to score Montgomery's second run.

For the most part, Stringer kept the Eagles in check. Though Barbers Hill had 7 left on base, only 1 reach third. BH did have 2 runners on base in the 3rd, 6th and 7th innings but just couldn't get the key hit to drive in a run. Cameron Campbell had 2 of the Eagles' 4 hits with Colby Townley and Alex Rocha collecting the other 2.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami