**SLC BASEBALL TOURNEY...POST RESULTS HERE**

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UTSA scores 2 in the 9th and Lamar scores 1 and left the tying run in scoring position as Baker strikes out to end the game 7-6.

Lamar could not get Keithly out the SS was 5-5 with 2 doubles.

UP next is Texas St. vs SFA and then Undefeated Sam Houston takes on the #1 seed UTSA.

Winner of Texas St. and SFA will face SH if they eliminate UTSA. That game is at 11:00 on Saturday.

UTSA scores 2 in the 9th and Lamar scores 1 and left the tying run in scoring position as Baker strikes out to end the game 7-6.

Lamar could not get Keithly out the SS was 5-5 with 2 doubles.

UP next is Texas St. vs SFA and then Undefeated Sam Houston takes on the #1 seed UTSA.

Winner of Texas St. and SFA will face SH if they eliminate UTSA. That game is at 11:00 on Saturday.

Just got back from Natchitoches it was a great game. Just one thing Baker didn't strike out to end the game. With a runner at 3rd and 2 outs Baker hit a shot right to the 3rd baseman who threw him out. Coach G said after the game he was suprised the 3rd baseman was playing so close to the line, normally teams give Baker the line because he hits more to the hole. Instead he played the line and it worked out, G said just about any game this year that would've been a hit for him. Also G flat out said he didn't believe his team lost to Sam Houston last night he didn't want to go into detail but you could tell he was still frustrated.

Just got back from Natchitoches it was a great game. Just one thing Baker didn't strike out to end the game. With a runner at 3rd and 2 outs Baker hit a shot right to the 3rd baseman who threw him out. Coach G said after the game he was suprised the 3rd baseman was playing so close to the line, normally teams give Baker the line because he hits more to the hole. Instead he played the line and it worked out, G said just about any game this year that would've been a hit for him. Also G flat out said he didn't believe his team lost to Sam Houston last night he didn't want to go into detail but you could tell he was still frustrated.

Well, I guess you can say we are all frustrated Lamar Fan's right now. The loss to SHSU isn't what killed the season. That is one game, there are several others in which either the pitching or fielding was terrible by DI baseball standards. If I was Coach G., that is what I'd be frustrated about.

I will say with the upgrades to other baseball facilities in the SLC the administration at Lamar needs to step up for Gilligan. I know they used $1 million last year to have the stadium in shape to play ball but look at SHSU and SFA for examples. They have/are building multi million dollar stadiums. That is hard to recruit against!

Vincent-Beck needs a major upgrade and Coach G. will be able to recruit the players we need to win the SLC tournament again and head back to a regional.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder