Nobody there cares, but...

my Sonics need a top-two lottery pick tonight or there's absolutely no chance of them staying here. Oden makes them legit right away and Durant would be a great reason for the Sonics to let Lewis go...to Houston where he belongs. I know all of you Rockets fans would love that...and I want my team to stay here in Seattle. That might not happen anyway, but the only chance we have is if there's some excitement behind the team for what very well might be their final season in Seattle. People here are saying that this is the biggest non-basketball day in Seattle sports history...and the sad thing is that they're right...

I thought about that, but I'm not sure Houston has anyone that Seattle can use. The Sonics really need an upper-tier PG or C, so I'm not sure the Rockets can accommodate them. It sounds like Seattle's gonna run with Lewis, Allen, and Durant anyway...assuming that they get him to stay. The thing is that Seattle can offer him more money than anyone else can, so they'll either re-sign him or explore sign and trade options. I'd like to see them get Billups from Detroit.

$$$$$$$$

They'll have the money if Lewis walks, but I'm not sure Detroit has the pieces per the NBA trading rules to make a sign and trade work. Besides, that numb-butt Fortson will be off the books, too. That's $6.6M right there and nearly $16M if Lewis decides to leave also. I'd hate to see him go, to be honest, but it's difficult to see how he and Durant would coexist. They could put Wilcox at center and do this of he does come back:

PG Luke Ridnour/Earl Watson

SG Ray Allen/Damien Wilkins

SF Durant/Lewis

PF Lewis/Durant

C  Chris Wilcox/ Robert Swift

They could hire Marc Iavaroni, implement the Suns' system and go small. They're also looking at one of the Spurs' young front office guys as a possible GM candidate. It's gonna be fun to be here while it all gets sorted out, but I'll be really upset if they ultimately leave Seattle.

I thought I heard on ESPN that if they could get Durant, then they would let Lewis walk.  Not sure if thats a good idea or not?  :-\

It's definitely not an idea that I like. The salary that Seattle would save is getting absorbed by the other players' salary increases anyway along with rookie contracts. I'm sure they'll either sign him for just under the max (because no one else can sign him for more than maybe $11M on the market), which is around $14M. If I were going to explore trading anyone of any real substance on that roster it would be Allen because he's got a few years left in him and the Sonics need a proven PG that can play a little defense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder