*BRIDGE CITY WINS 8-5! GAME 3 SAT. 1PM*

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keys for tomorrows game for Bridge City.  Need to get and early lead and keep Needville out of their small ball game plan.  Throw strikes and make them earn their runs.  We must establish the inside part of the plate and quit letting them just stick their bats out and punch at the ball.  Stay aggressive on the base paths.  Our infield might be different so it is important they the guys just try to get the sure outs.  Good luck tomorrow Cards..................

I did notice we exploited the Needville catcher tonight....positive change that worked and rattled them some.

I also noticed that we pitch ran for Jackson, good move should have happened last night as well.

I think your best pitcher for tomorrow will have a lot of "junk" in the closet.  A fastball pitcher won't be successful as they have shown they can hit a fastball and will sit on it if the junk is not working.  Walks just sit you up for the "small ball" game.

We need to settle down, try to play error free, drive the ball to the gaps, be aggresive on the basepaths and "push" the game.  We have the guys for the physical part of the game, we need to have them prepped mentally as well.  Believe in themselves, have confidence, a "want the ball" mentality.

Hicks wants it, I can tell you that. I talked to him several times after the game and he is still ready. They might not let him pitch though because of the injury. A back injury is way more important than a win. Two things could happen if he pitches...No. 1 - he hurts himself more and that is the last thing anyone wants. No 2 - The injury doesnt allow him to be himself and that isnt good for BC...As bad as he wants to go, rest the back and let your team take care of you. Hicks has done more for BC than anyone ever thought. BC can still do it and this set back might only drive some guys to step up.

This was a roller coaster ride.  BC jumps out with 5 runs (with only 2 hits) courtesy to Needville's pitcher walking/hbp/wp the Cards around the bases.  After BC added a 6th run, Needville closes the gap to 6-5, primarily because BC simply couldn't make a play defensively.  Dishon's 2-run single provides insurance and 8-5 lead and Meeks slams the door shut.

Needville is a fundamentally sound team.  Makes few mistakes (so far) and executes well.  And they are just tough as nails.  These guys make you respect them.  BC, on the other hand, is in the proverbial state of confusion.  Until they know Hicks' status for today, they do not know who will start on the hill, play SS, play CF (if Dishon pitches) or 2b (if Bolton pitches).  Today would be a good day for the entire offense to show up.

Cannot wait to see how this one unfolds.  Hope BC is in 3rd base dugout...I wanna sit up on the hill again today. 

Guest etbu

Not to worry, ETBU...

Eagle07 and "junior" will be there...we got your back....leave the vest at home.  ;)

Is BH89-2 and BHFan coming?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124