Hardin A.D...LARRY HAYNES NAMED NEW HC/AD!

Guest Yard Bird

I did read your comments and in my opinion you are on the outside looking in.

I hope the kids in Hardin respond and do something great.

In the mean time lets rally around the new AD and embrace the kids. 

I did read your comments and in my opinion you are on the outside looking in.

I hope the kids in Hardin respond and do something great.

In the mean time lets rally around the new AD and embrace the kids. 

Karma for you, something we agree on.  I do embrace these kids, and agree we should.

I look forward to this upcoming year, and will be at every game pulling for the kids.

Guest etbu

Haynes can no doubt Coach if he can stay in one place long enough. He had a really good qb at Crosby that went onto to UNT which can make dad look like a genius. Do not know much about him other than all he does is win but had a rough ride of it at Eisenhower. Only lasted one year but do not know the details. Feel bad for Coach Morgan bc he seem like a really good man. Haynes did have  a wr from Crosby name Beck that caught like one hundred and twenty passes one year.  :o

CoachHooker:  Shad Smith has been the coach at Cathedral the past four years although he is gone now.  Shad was a Lamar QB the last couple of years they had football and a pitcher in baseball, went to the minors.

Back to Hardin:  I am a former coach at Hardin, from waaay back and I have to say it was always an uphill battle to win games there.  There has always been some talent (especially at the junior high level) but there was a big mental block when it came to winning at the varsity level.  I know they have been a little more competitive when they were on the 2A level than when they were at 3A.  In my days around there, it was the parents telling the kids the would never beat Hull Daisetta or West Hardin.  Hard for kids to win when that is going on, but now those kids I coached are the parents, hopefully they are instilling in their kids the right attitude.  There are a good bunch of teachers and coaches there, I wish them the best and if Coach Haynes is the man, more power to him!

Guest coachhooker

CoachHooker:  Shad Smith has been the coach at Cathedral the past four years although he is gone now.  Shad was a Lamar QB the last couple of years they had football and a pitcher in baseball, went to the minors.

Back to Hardin:  I am a former coach at Hardin, from waaay back and I have to say it was always an uphill battle to win games there.  There has always been some talent (especially at the junior high level) but there was a big mental block when it came to winning at the varsity level.  I know they have been a little more competitive when they were on the 2A level than when they were at 3A.  In my days around there, it was the parents telling the kids the would never beat Hull Daisetta or West Hardin.  Hard for kids to win when that is going on, but now those kids I coached are the parents, hopefully they are instilling in their kids the right attitude.  There are a good bunch of teachers and coaches there, I wish them the best and if Coach Haynes is the man, more power to him!

Thanks I got them mixed up I was thinking of Coach Smith

Guest Baller

Coach Stewart came to Dayton from Cleburne.  He coached one fall in Crosby in the late 90's I believe.

I believe Dayton got Stewart from Crosby...

Hopefully Haynes will do for Hardin what Stewart has done for Dayton...

GOOD LUCK HORNETS!!!

Guest ECBucFan

"When was Haynes the QB at Lamar?

I know he is in the Cardinal Hall of Honor...."

1978 & 1979 - Honorable Mention All American QB - broke 17 school records.

Yeah, thats it. The dude lit it up! If I remember (and I am NOT sure), I think he dualed with Bubby Brister, who later QBed the Steelers. Anyone remember this? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn