OYBS

In OYBS, the Shetland group (ages 5-6) allow parent requests.  One team had lots of parents requests.  They are an awesome group of players.  Not only did the team members have some talent to start with, they also practiced 4 times a week at the beginning of the season and 3 times during spring break!!!!  All the coaches had the same opportunity to practice and work with their team.  Many did not seize the chance.  Now that the season is almost over, one coach has decided to try and get other coaches to boycott the players off that team for All-Stars.  Not sure how that will show a true representation of the talent in Orange. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might get interesting.  Not sure you will get much feedback here, but I will put my 2 cents in:

First, I realize that it is not against leauge rules to request a choach in that division, but you will always have this argument every year (you/whoever is winning has a "stacked" team).  The only way to avoid it will be to have a draft or draw out of a hat.

Second, the kids should not pay the price, period, end of story.  The kids had NOTHING to do with forming the teams.  Bottom line, let the kids play.

I know that if you get up and work with your kids and the coach works with them, the team will be good even if you don't have alot of talent. I want my kid on a team that the coach works with them and knows how to play ball. This is sad that a coach would try and boycott the All-Star on this team. I've seen the team you are talking about and this didn't all happen because of the coach!! Why don't you ask the parent. They are the ones that requested this. Do  Orange and the kid a big favor and don't show up for the picks

Guest STACKED

The A's team was stacked last year along with this years team. Two of the best players on this years team came from other teams last year. Hmmmmmm. They have loss two players already this year due to age.

stacked...if you read the first post on here, then you know that the parents can request the coach they want their kid to have. talk to those parents and they will tell you why they requested who they did. as far as losing the players due to age, we handled that situation not to far into the season. the a's still had a great season after that, so what has that got to do with anything. i was trying to refrain from posting on here, but us coaches of the a's are tired of hearing it. we coach and teach these kids the game of baseball and we practice and practice. then after practice, the parents practice with their kids at home or at the cages. if we have practice and it rains, we don't rain out, we go to the cages and practice. but everybody doesn't see the 'behind the scenes' work that goes on, they just see how we play and ridicule us for being good. so for those of you who are whining.....quit whining and go practice!!!!!

The A's team was stacked last year along with this years team. Two of the best players on this years team came from other teams last year. Hmmmmmm. They have loss two players already this year due to age.

Man stacked you crack me up.... maybe you should ask the parents why they didn't want you as a coach....and there going to say because you wine and worry about very one eles when you should be teaching our kids how to play ball....i wish every person out there could have seen our very first practice 2 years ago and you would shake our hand and say you guys have done a great job..."i'm not mad at you stacked just can't believe your acting this this...really i think it's funny"  :-*

tgreen-I think you and your coaches have done a great job (like I said before). The only problem I see is that one of your infielders needs to quit running the ball and just throw it. You have one heck of a first baseman, so why wouldn't you have your players just make the throw???You say that you practice all the time, then why hasn't this been addressed? Last I checked baseball is a TEAM sport. As for the other teams in this division, have any of you honestly compared your players' skills to the skills of the A's players? From what I have see, most of the other teams have trouble hitting off the tee. Instead of complaining about how "stacked" the A's are, maybe you should focus on teaching your players proper batting techniques. Isn't one of the main reasons we put our children in this is so they can learn how to play the game? At this level, the main focus should be on fundamentals...Not on wins & losses...there's plenty of time for that as these kids get older. Let them just enjoy playing & quit all this whining!

bigshot...thanks for the positive feedback. the throwing issue has been addressed. what we have taught is if the ball is hit on first base side, down the line and he can get to it...to go ahead and tag the runner. this takes making an extra throw out of the situation. now...sometimes he will see its a slow runner and run over and tag, but we try to make that throw in that situation.

Guest STACKED

we won saturday and yesterday. we play again tonight at 6 pm

Good Luck, TGREEN, will the whole  A's team make the ALLSTAR team.

Guest STACKED

Congratulations A's!  Another well played game.  Championship game tomorrow night at 6:00.  This is what baseball is all about!   ;D

Who are the A's playing. My team went 1-1 in the tournament. Good luck A's

Man you people crack me up its only t-ball not the majors, Parents need to work with their children if they want them to get better....The coaches only get the kids for a short time to practice, and if the A's coaches are taking the time to work with these kids then they should be applauded for their work with these kids.Calling a team stacked is pretty silly since they are only 5 & 6 yrs old.

Guest STACKED

Man you people crack me up its only t-ball not the majors, Parents need to work with their children if they want them to get better....The coaches only get the kids for a short time to practice, and if the A's coaches are taking the time to work with these kids then they should be applauded for their work with these kids.Calling a team stacked is pretty silly since they are only 5 & 6 yrs old.

If you want the rules changed...you need to run for a position on the board and stop complaining about a bunch of 5 and 6 yr olds beating everyone, because I bet you 10 minutes after the game is over all these kids care about is what s for snacks.

Parents ruin the game for the kids.

A's win the directors tournament 17-6 over vidor angels. those 5 and 6 year olds played their hearts out and hit the ball very well. us coaches of the a's are very proud of our boys and girl. all the hard work and dedication was well worth it!!! Way to go A's

I watched the tournament all week long..the a's are a very good team.someone mentioned earlier about them not throwing the ball to first base,but what i saw they threw it everywhere.They hit the ball extremely well and seemed to be well coached.

now about the parent request thing that is a different story.

We dont do that in our league because of alot of reasons.

I wasnt aware that yall could do that .

we usually only have a protection or two and thats it.that makes for good competition throughout the year.

yea sometimes you dont get the coach you want but all the teams are usually equal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder