The Bore-mont Enterprise Sports - HF beats Silsbee???? You would never know!

Are you kidding me?  They do a big story on Silsbee baseball last week about their playoff implications.  It was a good story.  Good quotes from the coach.  The philosophy of who to pitch in the game against HF.  Should they save their #1 or use their #1 against a non-playoff team.  Blah, blah, blah, blah.....

And then I hear a wild rumor Friday night at the Jasper-BC game.  "Silsbee got beat by HF!  The Tigers have to play HJ in a playoff game!"  Wow!  The upset of the year!  I thought to myself, I can't wait to read about it tomorrow morning in the paper.  I'll find out where and when the playoff game will be! 

I drive to my local gas station for coffee and the Bore-mont Enterprise to read about this 3A SE Texas baseball story of the year!  What???

NOTHING!  NOTHING!  NOTHING!  NOTHING!  NOTHING!  Are you kidding me!  That's ridiculous!  (And don't blame the school for not calling the score in.  The Bore-mont Enterprise wrote the big pre-game story, they should have someone covering the game to let us know the outcome!)  What a joke!

There wasn't a story in Sunday's paper either.  Just when the playoff game will be.

Not even a story today, Monday!

The Bore-mont Not-a-Surprise Sports section! 

did you see the article about nederland and vidor game in the paper. not!!!!!! a playoff game for third team in district . and not one word in the paper. what a great paper we have. someone needs to wake these people up. i bet if we started boycotting the paper they might start coving local sports better...........................................................................................

Now you see how WB feels, and they are the hometown!!! If The Enterprise is the "regional" paper that they claim to be, then they should act like it and cover all big games, especially if they had a pregame writeup on it.

And by the way, WB wins district and who would know it besides the people on this great website.

We have the same problem trying to get the Galveston Daily News to print ANYTHING about High Island (we are in Galveston County). The coach called and I (a parent) sent many, many letters to the editors. I finally got as response from the Sports Editor this morning asking me for the coach's number so that he can call and do a story on our boys. Persistence pays off!!  :D

I just looked this up for y'all. If you go on the Enterprise's website, on the left, you will see a link for "contact staff", I found this on that link. There are email links for each person as well. If enough of you email and/or call, you could probably make a difference.

Sports:

Sports e-mail

Michael Peters, sports editor

(409) 838-2806

Rush Wood,assistant sports editor

(409) 880-0745

Christopher Dabe

(409) 880-0746

Perryn Keys

(409) 880-0742

Johnnie Walters

(409) 880-0744