****VIDOR 9 NEDERLAND 0 FINAL/TIEBREAKER..VIDOR HEADED TO PLAYOFFS****

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurplePride

;DWell, I don't know..........I was pulling for Nederland honestly...I have many buddies from Barbershill too........wow! I usually only show up at football season!! Okay....with Nederland out/my big buddy out.............I am going for BH EAGLES!!!!

I WISH ALL OF OUR SETX TOWNS COULD PULL FOR VIDOR IN THE PLAYOFFS..MOST OF THE BOYS ON VIDOR/NEDERLAND TEAMS ARE FRIENDS FROM BABE RUTH. JUST CURIOUS WHY PEOPLE WOULD EVEN GET ON THIS THREAD ABOUT VIDOR/NEDERLAND GAME & SAY YOU ARE PULLING BH...WHATS THE POINT IN BEING AGAINST THEM...LET'S SUPPORT ALL OF OUR AREA TEAMS TO GO FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS! THEY WOULD SUPPORT YOU GUYS...

Taylor Robichau of Vidor pitched a gem today against Nederland. Robichau had one of the best change ups I've seen in awhile. He's defense was superb, especially his 3rd baseman Jake Guidry. CF Will Fontnow also had a nice catch in center.

Nederland just couldn't get anything going with the bats. 

Barbers Hill will be tough to handle, but knowing many of the Vidor players, I'll take my chances with them.

sounds like this game was over when Vidor stepped off the bus...

It was! It was a hit fest! Every Pirate was hitting. The coach had been holding the guys up on the first pitch, but today they were very agressive and it payed off!

I retract the dufus statement ;D

Congrats to the Pirates yall have had a great season and suprised a lot of teams!! BH isn't playing so great right now and anything can happen in baseball. Can't wait to see these two teams in action!!

Same goes for the Pirates. It should be a great series!

Of all the great games and proud moments we have had at Vidor baseball, has there ever been a better day than today!  Is your heart still in your throat like mine is?  For this team to band together and decide that they were going to hit, they were going to field, and they were going to pitch ...   and then do it in such a big way in such a big game as this is just unbelievable. What a team victory we have today!

You have to hand it to the guys who made it happen on offense and defense; VJ Bunner - as always -  a leader, Jay Guidry - big bat and all those outs at third - beautiful glove work, Brad Croak for a big-time double (his hit of the year!) for two RBIs, Jay Nixon with a couple key hits, Chad Kennon with a double to score two, Derek Kilmer with a big hit scoring two, Cameron Perkins hitting and scoring was vital early on in the game, and the catch of the year by Will Fontnow - awesome. And what can you say about Taylor Robichau - a three hit shut out -as dominant a performance as he has ever had, and having it in the most important game we've ever played - unforgetable.  Way to go guys, enjoy your big dinner!

Congratulations to the coaches, players, parents and fans of the Vidor Pirates. This is a great day, let's enjoy it... there is time to ponder about the next game... today is about reliving the game, hugging these boys, and celebrating our making Pirate history!

Well said! It was a great game and a great ending to the regular season. I can't wait to get a Pirate playoff t-shirt to sport!

Barbers hill will be tough, but dont count out the pirates! They have faced alot of tough situiations this year.And they are ready for everything..It will be a good 3 game series

I agree 100% they have made a practice out of beating teams that everyone thought they would lose to!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami