Carroll QB changes Commitment!

Carroll quarterback changes commitment to Alabama

A strong senior season led to increased interest in recruiting for Carroll quarterback Greg McElroy and now to a change in schools as he has switched his commitment from Texas Tech to Alabama."When I originally committed to Texas Tech, I did not have nearly as many options as I did later," McElroy said. "It led me to re-evaluate my previous decision, and eventually led me to my commitment to Alabama."

He committed to Texas Tech in September. He started every game of his senior season and led the Dragons to the Class 5A Division II state championship. He threw for 2,772 yards and 37 touchdowns while running for 579 yards and nine touchdowns during the regular season, which helped lead to the increase of interest. Alabama officially offered McElroy on Jan. 2, after the Cotton Bowl.

He took two official visits in January, the first to Colorado, and then to Alabama this past weekend, which led to his switch in commitment.

"After visiting the campus, I really fell in love with the place," McElroy said. "It’s been one of my favorite schools, and when you look at the tradition and learn about the people that have played there and the direction the program is heading, it excited me and fired me up. I’m looking forward to spending the next four or five years there."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder