**WALT MANGAN FROM 3A KEMP NEW HF HC/AD**

I agree...............they are losing out by not hiring Bolton.  I like his style of coaching, and feel that he teaches with a style that kids can carry with them for the rest of their lives.  That's the type of coach more schools need. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bridge City Card

I understand that but PLEASE. How long has Bolton coached?? How long as Bolton been around Head Coaching???????????????? The Candidates listed i'm sure would do a great job but again another dumb move.

Guest teddy

The names I heard arent familiar. I hear two going to the board Tuesday night. Who are the two though? That is the question? Which two, any thoughts?

IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE KIDS, TO LEAVE THEM IN LIMBO. THEY ARE LEARNING A NEW OFFENSE IN OFFSEASON,IS THIS THE RIGHT THING TO DO IF BROUSSARD IS NOT GETTING THE JOB.THERE IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL AND THE BOARD HAS DONE AN INJUSTICE TO THE KIDS BY DRAGGING  THEIR butts. THIS WILL BE AN UPHILL BATTLE WHO EVER GETS THE JOB.

IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE KIDS, TO LEAVE THEM IN LIMBO. THEY ARE LEARNING A NEW OFFENSE IN OFFSEASON,IS THIS THE RIGHT THING TO DO IF BROUSSARD IS NOT GETTING THE JOB.THERE IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL AND THE BOARD HAS DONE AN INJUSTICE TO THE KIDS BY DRAGGING  THEIR a$$ES. THIS WILL BE AN UPHILL BATTLE WHO EVER GETS THE JOB. THEY HAVE ALREADY LET SOME OF THE TRASH THAT WAS OUT OF ATHLETICS BACK IN.

Very good point  - same thing happening right now in New Caney.

To the Aggie for Life. I know of Broussard's character and I don't think he has ever refered to any child as " TRASH " If he let some back into the program, I would trust his judgement. He's been in coaching for 17yrs and has respected reputation in our district.

Guest BLADE

THE "RICEFIELD " HAS A SCHEDULED MEETING THIS WEEKEND TO DISCUSS THEIR CANDIDATES.  THE ADMINISTRATION WILL HAVE NO SAY SO ON THE HIRING.  THEY HAVE NO BACKBONE AND GLADLY STRADDLE THE FENCE AT EVERY TURN IN ORDER TO KEEP THEIR JOBS.  CR AND HIS SISTER SB WILL PROBABLY ANNOUNCE THEIR HIRE BEFORE THE BOARD MEETING EVER TAKES PLACE.  THE ENTIRE SCHOOL BOARD AND CENTRAL OFFICE NEEDS TO BE OVERHAULED.  COACH WALKER TOLD THEM IN JANUARY HE WAS LEAVING, AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT HIRED ANYONE?  AND THEN REFUSED TO RELEASE NAMES OF APPLICANTS? SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE TAIL IS WAGGING THE DOG AT HF!

Blade doesn't know the facts so he/she makes up his/her own, I guess.  Walker resigned around March 20th.  The administration posted the job on March 27th.

http://www.hfisd.net/adheadfootball3.27.07.pdf

They left the application deadline open for about three weeks and I heard that they got around 60 applications.  The administration whittled it down to about 10 guys and they brought them in for interviews the week of April 23rd.  The administration is bringing two out of the ten for the school board to interview on Tuesday night.  The names I heard are Stewart from Luling and Mangan from Kemp.  If the school board meets this weekend, Blade should file a complaint with the Jefferson DA's office because they didn't call a meeting for this weekend.  The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday May 8th at 6:30 according to the agenda on the adm. building.  Blade might be smoking some those strange plants that grow up in the "Ricefields."

Guest BLADE

THE RICEFIELD MEETS IN SECRECY THEN TELLS THEIR SCHOOL BOARD PARDS WHAT THEY WANT DONE........THEN IT GETS DONE.  JUST ONE MORE WONDERFUL COMMUNITY WHERE THE NEW COACH WILL BE EXPECTED TO PLAY THE "RIGHT" KIDS AT THE "RIGHT" POSITION.  OH, AND BY THE WAY, I HEAR THE LOTTERY WINNER THIS WEEK WILL ALSO GET TO ATTEND SOCCER GAMES..... ;D

Guest car ramrod

Roberts from Wharton has the heaviest resume and the students want Broussard, but why is the guy from Kemp who had a 1-9 record this year a finalist.  I would think Hamshire would want to improve from a 3-7 record.

A district that is hurting for money and can not offer certin classes and sub-standard equipment because there is no money. And the entire boys athletic program has been on the decline for the past 5 years add soccer to the school without an Athletic Director.There should have been input from the new Coach, looks like this is geared to certin friends of the powers that be. This should tell the future Coach/AD what is ahead.GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW COACH HE WILL NEED IT.

Guest teddy

Roberts from Wharton has the heaviest resume and the students want Broussard, but why is the guy from Kemp who had a 1-9 record this year a finalist.  I would think Hamshire would want to improve from a 3-7 record.

Hey, I know Walt and I promise you this though, dont let his record at Kemp cloud your judgement about his abilities to coach. Since you brought it up though I will help clear his resume up for you. He spent the last two seasons at Kemp( which could be the worst situation in Texas for athletics) and was 5-5 in 2005 and 1-9 in 2006, this coming from a program that was like 4-36 the four previous years before his arrival. I saw where their boys basketball team made it to the regional tournament for the first time in their history and district champions first in 31 years. Baseball won district for first time in at least 10 years or so. I believe he was in Brenham for like 15 years where he was an assistant football coach. He coached there when they played for AAAA State championship in 2002. He was head boys basketball coach for a while where they have been a top 10 team in AAAA and I know he won at least one state championship in softball maybe more. So relax I think his credentials should be more than adequate for H-F, since you brought it up.

Teddy how can Kemp be a worse situation than this district H-F is in?  Since you brought it up.  Hamshire don't need a 1-9 coach they need someone who can turn things around in a tough 3a district someone who knows what there getting into.  H-F has won at other sports in the district. It's time to get back to winning football.  Since you brought it up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder