What happens if?

Guest Orangeboy

Guest Orangeboy

HJ beats BC, BC beats Jasper.

Then BC, Jasper, HJ, and Silsbee would all be tied.  How would that tie breaker be broken?  Hope it doesn't come down to that, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

Would it be round robin or would it be this format:

A vs. B

C vs. D

Winner of A/B plays winner of C/D for 1st and 2nd place

Lose of A/B plays loser of C/D for 3rd place.

I know this format was used a few years ago in 21-5A to break a 4 way basketball tie. 

A vs. B

C vs. D

I know this format was used a few years ago in 21-5A to break a 4 way basketball tie. 

Well if this happened..it wouldn't be a round robin.  It would just be a four-team tournament.  Round Robin is a tounament in which each team plays each other and the best record wins.  There would be no bracket involved right??

Guest Orangeboy

A vs. B

C vs. D

I think they would have to go with this, because it would have to be played Saturday.

The other question is where would you play this?

Guest Orangeboy

What would the records be for each team vs. the other three if this happened??

If they all wind up tied everyone would be 11-3 and would be 1-1 vs. the other 3.

If they used the tournament format, they would draw for opponents and (my guess) play at a neutral site.  My suggestion would be at Beaumont West Brook on Saturday with games at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  Jasper gets the 1 p.m. game because it has the longest distance.

If they used the tournament format, they would draw for opponents and (my guess) play at a neutral site.  My suggestion would be at Beaumont West Brook on Saturday with games at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.  Jasper gets the 1 p.m. game because it has the longest distance.

How would the regional Track Meet fri & Sat play a part in this???

Guest Orangeboy

Does anyone know the district representative who would make a decision on this? If so could you possibly find out, I hope is he already thinking about this. Because it would have to be in place after Friday's games for Saturday.

Does anyone know the district representative who would make a decision on this? If so could you possibly find out, I hope is he already thinking about this. Because it would have to be in place after Friday's games for Saturday.

The district chair is Mike Gentry Supt. at Orangefield.  Tuesday May 1st is the District certification deadline.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23