What has happened to Buna basketball program

My point exactly,why are DVILLE 230 students better basketball players than Bunas 400?Because the emphasis is on other sports at Buna.

So this means they dont have a good basketball coach?  Your contradicting yourself here. 

So this means they dont have a good basketball coach?  Your contradicting yourself here. 

I think whsalm's  point is the quality of coach has more effect on a program than the numbers.  He has a point, however, I believe the changing from AA to AAA and back, has a negative affect as well.  The disparity in numbers can be dealt with if you know who you are going to be playing year in and year out.  But coaching and UIL alignment has a direct and immediate impact.

The original thread started as to what has happened to Buna's basketball team.There is nothing contradictary about it.Buna has made an effort to build there baseball and football programs under the current staff.Had they dedicated that effort to putting a good basketball team on the floor and hired a strong basketball coach to continue the direction the program was heading when Harrison and Brewster left they would still be pretty solid.The drop to 2-a should have benefited them in every sport including basketball.I'm not knocking there current coach,I just think they decided to take there athletic program in a different direction.That decision usually rest with the AD.So to answer the original question, with a top notch coach the 400 kids available at Buna could compete with the much smaller schools in there district.

Maybe a declining little dribbler program has something to do with it. I actually don't know if it is but they seem not to send as many teams to the regional tournament as in the years past.

I thought of the declining little dribbler program, and only time will tell. I dont have boys but I do have girls. She is on the Jr all star team that just made it to nationals. Buna's girls BB program has also declined the last few years, so hopefully the increased success of the little dribbler program will help in the future.   

Guest AISD

We lost a bunch of talent over the years

Here were some of the talent we lost

Quincy Cotton- Graduated last year at Kirbyville

B.K Johnson- Graduating this year at Silsbee

Jeremy Johnson- He goes to Silsbee also

Shannon Robinson- He also goes to Silsbee, as well

Gederick Morrisey- He move to Jasper

All these guys use to play Basketball for Buna ( Little Dribblers)

Shannon Robinson would have been a great point guard for Buna, even Gederick Morrisey too.

B.K & Jeremy Johnson, would have help us alot too.

If these guys stayed at Buna then we would have been in the playoffs.

Thats a huge lost for our Basketball Program

Guest bleed orange

About 6-7 years ago, the regional tournament was held at Orangefield for the boys. A man who called himself "reverend" cause a big stink. Now he was from jasper and he said he owned a funeral home but his nephew played for buna. His nephew would be a junior or senior now. Maybe this man was the problem. He was not a reasonable man.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83