Silsbee Tigers (11-3)  Will beat OF and HF but lose to Jasper

Hardin-Jefferson Hawks (11-3)  Will beat OF, BC and WOS

PUTTING UP THE EQUIPMENT

Bridge City Cardinals (10-4)  Will beat WOS but lose to HJ and Jasper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bunting Bulldogs won't make it passed the first round of the playoffs if they make it that far.  As for Silsbee if the play a team that wants a best two out three, their out cause Schooling can't pitch three games in a row.  Hardins just got past two teams that their better than..... ;D ;D  BC will still be playing when Jasper, Silsbee, and Hardin are out for the summer...... 8)

Here are my picks:

DISTRICT 21-3A PREDICTION

CHAMPION

Jasper Bulldogs (12-2)  Will beat Silsbee, Kirbyville, and BC

TIED FOR SECOND AND THIRD PLACE

Silsbee Tigers (11-3)  Will beat OF and HF but lose to Jasper

Hardin-Jefferson Hawks (11-3)  Will beat OF, BC and WOS

PUTTING UP THE EQUIPMENT

Bridge City Cardinals (10-4)  Will beat WOS but lose to HJ and Jasper

I like the way you think Jackhammer.

are you kidding me?

critter is exactly right, when you get talking about district champions and playoffs its all about pitching. im not saying bc couldnt miss the playoffs because it could certainly happen but w/ three quality starters you have to like our chances over atleast two of those teams

if any of those teams get caught in a 3 game set they probably stand a chance in the first game, but after your ace throws 7 innings and the other guys are average at best, you cant count on that one guy to throw the second of a double header on 1 days rest.  look at it like this:

when you face silsbee the question is "is schooling pitching" and for hj "is treece picthing" and for jasper "is hart pitching" (i think thats their hard throwing righty??)  but when people play bc the question is "who are they throwing?" because in my opinion..we have three guys that could be the ace of any staff in the district, you cant get lucky and miss a quality starter

2005 : angelle, stevens, vincent

2006: angelle, haymon, stringer.....(state tournament teams can pitch!!)

hmm one person saying HJ is going to make the playoffs even though they beat 2 top 10 teams this week and i believe that Treece only pitched the last 2 innings vs Silsbee soo i believe they have more than just him and they have Josh Rodgers returning from injury soon and that kid can pitch ohh and they also have a mean left hander named taylor monse soo i believe HJ could handle a best of 3 series WHEN they make the playoffs along with Jasper and Silsbee

BC - Jasper - Silsbee

I don't know if any of the three deserve to be in the top ten so I would not get too excited about beating two top ten teams in the last two weeks.  Having said that, last years champion had around 14 losses so what the heck do I know!

First, and by stating the obvious, Silsbee @ Jasper is a huge game in 21-3A...but the biggest game left is the HJ-BC game.  HJ wins that and we have a 3-way tie for second.  My trip 'out on the limb' looks like this:

1.  Silsbee beats Jasper (don't know why I feel this way.  They're playing in Jasper, Jasper's tough at home but Silsbee has beat them the last 3 times.  Maybe the Tigers simply have their number).

2.  BC beats HJ.  The Cards are a better team, pure and simple although HJ is 'hot' right now.  The game is in BC -- advantage BC.

3.  Jasper beats BC.  If 1 and 2 happen, Jasper has GOT to win to avoid playoff/tie breaker with HJ (at 4 losses).  BC is playing to be co-champs with Silsbee...but they're in the playoffs.  I'll take the more 'desperate' team...even though the game is at BC.

Silsbee, BC and Jasper.  Tough situation for HJ.  A good team is going to be left home.  Mind you, this isn't how I'm ROOTING for things to turn out...just my uneducated guess.

For fun...what if this happens...Jasper beats Silsbee.  HJ beats BC.  BC beats Jasper.  All 4 teams wind up with 3 losses.  What a playoff that would be!!!!  And certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

And, by the way, I am so 'positive' about these 'predictions'...I am NOT calling them in to my bookie...LOL.  Good luck to all 4 over the next 10 days.  Heckuva race.

I'm well aware of the fabulous pitching by the BC Cardinals, but they have an obvious chink in their armor this year.  They can be beaten by any of the other top three teams (Silsbee, Jasper, HJ) on any night, regardless who is pitching.  I do not believe from what I've seen that BC has the fielding and the bats (1 through 9) that they've had in the past few seasons.  This is just one man's opinion, but again I say:

Jasper #1

Hardin-Jefferson and Silsbee tied for #2 and 3

(HJ will beat Silsbee in the playoff for second place)

BC will be checking in the equipment.  Johnny D will still win Offensive MVP of the District.

Guest BC boy 17

IM sure Meeks helped alot in the deep playoffs last year didnt he?

Meeks did help the Cards out alot last year, he came in several times to finish off the game.

My predictions for this district are as follows.  I will give the teams and thier final district records, I will leave it up to the reader to figure out which games they will win and which they won't.

Jasper  11-3

Silsbee 11-3

H-J    10-4

BC    12-2

Just my prediction, some will agree and some not......only in 2 weeks will we know if I was "on the money".

I have to say, that these four teams should all be in the playoffs, its sad they only allow 3.

i woudlnt say that BC has the advantage against HJ by playin at home cause the last 2 games HJ has won have both been on the road and been against two great teams...so once again this is gonna be another great game and of course im goin for HJ to get in

I guess I should have added that all the teams involved should take the next two weeks......ONE game at a time.  None of the teams can afford to look past thier next game.  If they do, all predictions are off!!!

I just wish I could be in two or three places at once, 'cause there are going to be some really good games coming up!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami