Lamar...Hockey?

I know we are in a conference that no other teams have a hockey team.. but is it not a possibility to be in another conference for just one sport? because we do have a perfect facility to host a lamar hockey team, even though it is not on LU grounds. but could a lamar hockey team be a possibility?

It could be possible though very unlikely, though many Texas schools have now added hockey at one level or another including UT, atm, Tech, North Texas, SMU, Baylor. 

I remember when the Stars first moved to Dallas in the early 90s there were less than 250 kids playing youth hockey in the entire metroplex.  The Stars built 8 Dr Pepper Star Centers which is where the Stars practice and 16 other sheets of ice in the metroplex.  Currently there are 200 teams in the high school, North Texas Hockey League, and house leagues, with over 4,000 kids playing this season and that number is growing each year.  The same could be done here, I know there are kids here who play youth hockey in Houston and have to travel back and forth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124