West Hardin Varsity Volleyball

Guest tigersvoice

color=red]Talk around town is that West Hardin Volleyball is pretty good this year. Take it from a student at WH, we have a lot of great players and we all think we are the team to beat.

What town are you referring to?  (There goes the rest of my Karma)

west hardin's coach is as good as they come. there are took many parents that don't let their children grow up and handle their own problems from what i hear. by problems i don't means something serious, just things at school or with their playing time ..... so that can cause more problems on a team than anything.

anyway that coach is very good. if i am not mistaken she took them to the playoffs every year she has been there.... maybe not the first year.. can't remember. didn't they go undefeated in district last year????

Cruse has been such a great asset to WH. She and her mother are, in my opinion, the best in this area...always have been. Yes, she has taken them to play-offs every year she has been there.

---I agree JCfan, they are losing an awesome player. Lindsey is a born athlete. But alot thought that it would take a lot to pick it up after her sister left in 05... WH is losing 7 exceptional young ladies this year. The girls coming up have some pretty big shoes to fill, but I support them all the way. I wish them well, and hope that they go far.

• 1 month later...
Guest basketball@heart13

Yes, West Hardin Volleyball will miss their seniors.  They did a great job this year!  But what you saw preacher, was the seniors helping the underclassmen.  Apparently you did not see the other end of the court when you was setting up for crossfires.  Don't worry about the volleyball team.  The Lady Oilers will be in the play-offs again next year!!! Just like they have for the last four years.  Thanks for your concern.  Maybe you should pray for the team instead of talk about them.

I totally agree with you basketball@heart... I'm sure the team will go just as far this year as they have in the past... As to JC fan.... you have done a lot of mouthing on this sight and i have stayed off of here until now... I have two things to say to you .... As a preacher you should know your job is to build people up not break them down... and if you have so much to say about sports and could do as good a job as Angie Cruz does stop your preaching job go spend your energy in a classroom and get a degree to be a coach but i promise if you get that slip of paper you could never fill her shoes... My sister has played vball since Jr. High and i have rarely missed a game... I won't tell you that i have agreed with everything cruz has done because to say that would be a lie... I've actually been pretty mad at times but she is the best female coach WH has ever seen... I can say that because i was born and raised in this town and i've seen a lot of the coaches... She has taken the girls to playoffs everyear she has been here... To the ones who mouthed about her losing the playoff game for them this year... That is a load of crap the girls lost it for themselves... Some wanted it some didn't... AS a coach you can teach them how to play and encourage them but you can't give them the heart to win it everytime... And as i preacher i would think you of all people should know that the gossip you do on here and the mouthing and the judging is just FLAT OUT WRONG!!!!! O you probably wonder y everyone knows who you are??? Rule # 1 to living in a small town... NOthing stays a secret!!!

Does it ever stop?  There have been several coaches walk through the doors at West Hardin that were great coaches and gladly left due to parents and politics.  Seems like everybody looks for somebody else to blame out there instead of taking responsibility for themselves.  Let the kids be kids, let the teachers teach, and the coaches coach.  Everybody wants to complain when things go south but they all jump on the bandwagon when it's good.  Maybe that's the way it is in all small towns. 

I totally agree with you basketball@heart... I'm sure the team will go just as far this year as they have in the past... As to JC fan.... you have done a lot of mouthing on this sight and i have stayed off of here until now... I have two things to say to you .... As a preacher you should know your job is to build people up not break them down... and if you have so much to say about sports and could do as good a job as Angie Cruz does stop your preaching job go spend your energy in a classroom and get a degree to be a coach but i promise if you get that slip of paper you could never fill her shoes... My sister has played vball since Jr. High and i have rarely missed a game... I won't tell you that i have agreed with everything cruz has done because to say that would be a lie... I've actually been pretty mad at times but she is the best female coach WH has ever seen... I can say that because i was born and raised in this town and i've seen a lot of the coaches... She has taken the girls to playoffs everyear she has been here... To the ones who mouthed about her losing the playoff game for them this year... That is a load of crap the girls lost it for themselves... Some wanted it some didn't... AS a coach you can teach them how to play and encourage them but you can't give them the heart to win it everytime... And as i preacher i would think you of all people should know that the gossip you do on here and the mouthing and the judging is just FLAT OUT WRONG!!!!! O you probably wonder y everyone knows who you are??? Rule # 1 to living in a small town... NOthing stays a secret!!!

I think that it is sad that one person can try to post a comment and get blamed for judging, yet another can judge the person and it is considered a comment.  Guess it just depends on whether or not you're a preacher as to whether you are making a comment or passing judgement.

Either way, jcfan has always been a supporter of the kids and he does so by supporting their sports.  I think his comment about "losing alot" was meant to mean that he didn't realize the team was losing SO MANY players, not to indicate that he thought they were losing so much TALENT.  It is amazing how different interpretation can be.

As for saying, "judging is just flat out wrong"... you are right.  You should not have judged JCfan the way you did.  I think he deserves an apology. 

I also wanted to say that I like the way West Hardin is looking this year, and I think they will have a competitive team.  They lost alot of seniors, but they have good returning talent as well as upcoming talent.  Here's to a great season!  ;D

WH4life ,well said!  And yes, we all know that this is a place to share opinions but there is a good and bad way of doing that. Jcfan is just a little harsh, especially considering his postion and lack of knowledge of the volleyball program.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami