Rice Basketball player from Beaumont Killed in Altercation

Guest WeedBegone

An altercation on Northgate led to the killing of a Rice University basketball player, and the injury of his twin brother, early Thursday morning, College Station Police confirmed this afternoon.

Jonathan Bailey, 22, was pronounced dead after being taken to St. Joseph's Hospital by College Station Fire personnel. Janson Bailey, his twin brother, is currently undergoing treatment for multiple stab wounds.

Jonathan Bailey was a sophomore guard for the Rice University basketball team.

Janson Bailey is a student at Texas A&M.

The brothers are from Beaumont, Texas.

Police said officers reported to the 100 block of College Main in reference to a possible gunshot victim at 1:45 a.m. Thursday. Though, the officers located two stabbing victims in the 100 block of Lodge St. upon arrival.

The victims were involved in an altercation inside V-Bar on College Main. After those involved were asked to leave the establishment, the fight moved outside, eastbound down Patricia St., and then to the 100 block of Lodge St, where the victims were stabbed, according to the police investigation.

At approximately 10:45 a.m. Thursday, College Station police detectives located two suspects and they are currently speaking with detectives.

Police are still investigating the case and no charges have been filed.

College Main from University Drive to Church Ave, and Lodge St. from University Dr. to Church Ave. are closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic, as police are still investigating the crime.

881ie1hb.jpg

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and also with Janson that he will make a full recovery.

Does anyone have an update on Janson?  Coop you hearing anything in the newsroom?

fair condition...and people are confident he will be fine

before i left college station I heard a rumor that he has a collapsed lung and something close to his heart- dont take it to the bank because i cant really confirm it

Guest sly0071

Lonestar, you mean about how the other guy is claiming self defense and plans to sue  for being attacked?  I read about that on TexAgs.  I lived right down College Main, I can't believe this happened right there.

Lonestar, you mean about how the other guy is claiming self defense and plans to sue  for being attacked?  I read about that on TexAgs.  I lived right down College Main, I can't believe this happened right there.

my dorm is right across the street...and I am still kind of shocked...I've been on Northgate many many times, and have never been threatened in any way- this is a horrible horrible thing

p.s. 12 total stab wounds is a little more than self defense...especially by a US marine who has been trained in HAND to HAND combat

yes, sly.

And yeah, BPM this is certainly unusual for College Station.  It is the first murder in two years there.  That is a great statistic for a city with now close to 90,000 permanent residents plus 45,000 college students.  Bryan on the other hand....

So, what dorm do you live in?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax