Final BH 16 Galena Park 0!

Hey, BH Fan at the risk of sounding trivial, we had 6 hr's. Carmona w/ 2, Ponder w/ 2, Hulsey w/ 1, and Townley with 1  ;D. On the other side of the plate, Thamm allowed only one hit for GP, right field single w/ 2 strikes on the batter.

Go Eagles !

Hey, BH Fan at the risk of sounding trivial, we had 6 hr's. Carmona w/ 2, Ponder w/ 2, Hulsey w/ 1, and Townley with 1  ;D. On the other side of the plate, Thamm allowed only one hit for GP, right field single w/ 2 strikes on the batter.

Go Eagles !

Good win Eagles and Eagle07 check your pms

do you just keep building stats & making a mockery of a game or do you ever even think of doing the right thing & substituting & toning it down; if i were a coach i wouldn't vote for your coach as district coach or schedule you anymore; no matter how weak your  district is you gotta show some respect....just my "O"

come on back with it & explain all the 22-0 scores...................

re: lopsided scores set straight

I was looking for an explaination and haven't been to a BH game. Two or more dads/coaches privately emailed me & did say substitution was heavy & early; I was going for a response & I got it. 

with my apologies if offended, randy4bb

Fair Enough..I was planning a quite lengthy response in defense of BH coaches. Substitution has indeed been very heavy ( for example in last night's game, every kid played and batted at least once, with the exception of Thamm, the pitcher who did not hit). Also in these games that get out of hand, BH has stopped stealing and advancing on past balls. 

re: lopsided scores set straight

I was looking for an explaination and haven't been to a BH game. Two or more dads/coaches privately emailed me & did say substitution was heavy & early; I was going for a response & I got it. 

with my apologies if offended, randy4bb

Only five players on the bench, so four starters have to stay in the game.  I would guess that in four of the seven district games all subs have been in the game to start the third inning.  The lopsided scores are more because of the poor play of opponents than the great play of BH.

Every game I have watched, even the PNG loss, BH substituted players and changed pitchers who were in no trouble at all.  The fact it the entire line-up, including pitchers are tearing the cover off the ball.  It is fun to watch as a fan of the winning team, but I do often feel sorry for the oposing team.  I don't know what else BH Coaches could do other than allowing their team to make errors and take a 3 pitch out without swinging.  That will be a cold day before that happens.....

This so called "weak district" has a few REALLY GOOD pitchers in it, so there are still some close games to be had for BH.  Huffman and Galena Park won't just lay down for BH, they know that all too well.   

Well said, BH89-2. Back when I played ( many light years ago ), I would have rather taken a beating ( took several ) than have a team quit playing out of compassion. It's one thing to substitute, quit running, etc. but to quit playing against an opponent, to me that's the most disrespect your opponent can show. Just my two cents woth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami