Stewart injures Arm in Midget Car

Stewart injures arm after flipping midget carAssociated Press

TULSA, Okla. -- Reigning NASCAR Nextel Cup champion Tony Stewart injured his right arm after he flipped his car during a qualifying race for the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals.

Stewart, a two-time Cup champion, complained of pain in his arm after Friday night's race at the Tulsa Expo Raceway. He was examined and treated at a local hospital. A spokesman for Stewart said X-rays and a CT scan were both negative, but Stewart was fitted with a cast until a more extensive evaluation can be made by his own doctors.

"I'm a little sore," Stewart said after leaving the hospital Friday night. "The doctors were great and did a pretty thorough evaluation of me. They didn't find anything broken, but just to be sure, they fitted me with a cast that I'll wear until I meet with my doctors on Monday. It looks a lot worse than it is."

He said the injury won't affect his upcoming test at Las Vegas Motor Speedway or his plans to compete in the Rolex 24 Hours of Dayton and Daytona Speed Weeks.

Stewart, a former U.S. Auto Club champion in Midgets, sprint cars and Silver Crown cars, still races in several short track events each year for fun.

Adjust Font Size:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83