Who's next at Kentucky

JMay

I thought I would start a new topic instead of expanding the Minnesota link.

Although Billy G. at A&M is the "hot" coach right now he may not be in the "upper echelon" yet.  He is a great coach, but still has more to build on before I would think UK came calling.  However sometimes schools just want who's hot.  From what I heard on the radio, top candidates are Tom Crean, Mark Few, Jay Wright.  Also on the list are Tom Izzo, Rick Barnes, John Callipari, and Billy Gillespie.  Also they said UK would probably make a push for Billy Donovan at UF.  ESPN did mention that BG was a "Texas" guy so he probably isn't the first guy on the list anyway.  I think I would want Izzo.  That said who would you guys bring in.

Well, I feel as if I have quite a connection with this topic. I graduated from A&M so I am very pleased with Gillispie's accomplishments there and I think he is a great coach. And I have been following Kentucky basketball since the early 90's and I love to watch them play. As far as the list you gave for possible incoming coaches I think I would like to see Jay Wright. Kentucky has a long time basketball tradition just as Villanova did when he took over there and I think the transition would be simple. I would honestly just like to see someone who is passionate about the game. Tubby started out that way but he has become very "HO HUM" in his tenure there. Give me a coach with some FIRE!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124