Bridge City at WO-S predictions

Guest bleed orange

Bridge City clearly has the most talent in the district. And will have for a long time. You can attribute their success to their LL program. There is no team in the district that will come close. Their JV could beat some varsity teams, that is how deep they are. Predicting their games is no fun. I am trying to jinx them can you tell. On a serious side they(BC) does have the most talent not only in baseball but softball also. They will be hard to beat for a very long time. Look at the past, BC has always fielded good baseball teams. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Bleed Orange Wrote:

Bridge City clearly has the most talent in the district. And will have for a long time. You can attribute their success to their LL program. There is no team in the district that will come close. Their JV could beat some varsity teams, that is how deep they are. Predicting their games is no fun. I am trying to jinx them can you tell. On a serious side they(BC) does have the most talent not only in baseball but softball also. They will be hard to beat for a very long time. Look at the past, BC has always fielded good baseball teams. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

i wanna say that bc's jv isn't at all good if it is still the same team that participated in the jv district tournament. if it is then bc is in for a few hurtings but if they made modifications then they'll be alright.

Bridge City clearly has the most talent in the district. And will have for a long time. You can attribute their success to their LL program. There is no team in the district that will come close. Their JV could beat some varsity teams' date=' that is how deep they are. Predicting their games is no fun. I am trying to jinx them can you tell. On a serious side they(BC) does have the most talent not only in baseball but softball also. They will be hard to beat for a very long time. Look at the past, BC has always fielded good baseball teams. I don't see that changing anytime soon.[/quote']

Thanks for the compilment, but the same SHOULD be said for Orangefield, since ya'lls kids are part of the same LL program in baseball and softball, and the same ASA program for those who are involved in that softball program. I think the real difference are the kids who play against stiffer competition when they get the chance, including select ball, both boys and girls.

Guest BobcatBeliever

[

Thanks for the compilment' date=' but the same SHOULD be said for Orangefield, since ya'lls kids are part of the same LL program in baseball and softball, and the same ASA program for those who are involved in that softball program. I think the real difference are the kids who play against stiffer competition when they get the chance, including select ball, both boys and girls.[/quote']

And thanks to you Birdman....for the most part the kids in our program that came from BCLL are pretty good kids....I think that there just aren't enough of us once we split from you all to keep up strong. One difference is that the BC kids start in Little League and stay together all the way up, while OF splits between BCLL and Orange Youth League and never play together. Not to mention that you just way outnumber us. But aside from any of that, you all have an awesome group of boys and pitching staff that can't be topped right now.

Here's cheering you all to the State Tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics