21-5A Playoff Picture

texbuzz

21-5A had one game this week that I guessed wrong but it was the most likely to split one way or the other.  Teams in the mix and my final prediction are below.

Porter (3-1) – Beat Dayton, did not expect that but it is not a shocker.  I don’t see it happening but they could win out with NC overlooking them.  Highly doubt it.  There is a last game of the season….

Dayton (2-3) – Lost to Porter.  Have a tough game with Crosby.  Then Kingwood Park.  Very easy to see both of those as losses.  This would put Dayton out of the playoff picture and the Caney Creek game could be a loss.  Dayton has to win out the rest of the way to get in.  This past week was probably the deal breaker for Dayton.

Barbers Hill (3-2) – Beat Splendora.  They should beat Humble.  I expect a loss to New Caney.  The last game of the season….

Kingwood Park (1-3) – Idle.  Very possible they win out.  Dayton is a winnable game.  They should go 4-0 to finish the year and get into the playoffs.

1.      Crosby (8-0)

2.      New Caney (7-1)

3.      Things break Down with 3 teams at 5-3.

If Porter wins the last game then this is pretty easy.  Both Porter and Kingwood Park are in with tie breakers over BH.  If Barbers Hill wins, it becomes a 3 way tie as far as who beat who.  DCTF is saying KP and Porter are in.  They probably know the tie breakers for the district.

Google “Texas football district tiebreakers” and see what madness you can find. 

There is a game every year that is a complete shocker.  I see some candidates on the horizon.  I will stop there.