PA passing attack vs PNG???

503Raised

37 minutes ago, GroverCleveland said:

Angelle and Jones caught several passes on the line of scrimmage intended for them to run with the ball. That play was called several times and was about the only passing play called. For anyone at that game, however, you had to wonder why PA did anything but run the ball. It was working, and you keep doing that until someone stops it. Hines had over 300 yards rushing for the game, and that's not including a 76-yard TD run called back for a block in the back. 

I agree with your post except for the statement in bold.  I'm not a proponent of running a kid to death and possibly having him out when it really matters, ESPECIALLY, when you have the talent at WR that Memorial  does.  I could understand if that's all they had was a run game.  But the pass play calling is really bad.  There's thousands of ways you can get a ball to a receiver without throwing it downfield.  We choose to be very simple with our pass when we actually have a kid that can get the ball out.  When a team blitzes, you should have a signal from qb to wr that tells them we're about to get blitzed, I'm getting the ball out quick, AND IT SHOULDN'T BE A SCREEN PASS. LOL

I've been to a few practices and I know they have quite a few passing plays, but for some reason they don't use them in the game.  They don't use the middle of the field at all.  You have a 3 yr starter at qb and you constantly run the same pass plays  until it bites you in the rear end and then you shy away from it almost completely.

29 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

I've been to a few practices and I know they have quite a few passing plays, but for some reason they don't use them in the game.  They don't use the middle of the field at all.  You have a 3 yr starter at qb and you constantly run the same pass plays  until it bites you in the rear end and then you shy away from it almost completely.

Maybe the coaches are thinking for the long haul. Had I been the HC I would've did the same. If I have the game in hand, why show next week's opponent and possible playoff opponents all that I have in my play book. I think that you have to leave something in your back pocket. For example, the play where #1 pitched to the WR then snuck out into the flats. Had the WR threw it, #1 catches a wide open TD. 

There are several ways to look at why the Titans aren't utilizing the passing game in games. My thought is the fact that Kadon is being heavily pressured due to poor pass protection. Wr know they are not the target receiver and take plays off. there is know way he is going through a progression, he's being told who to throw to. Titans staff are not fully sold on what there trying to accomplish (No true Identity). Why run a spread offense and not have a vertical passing game (baffling) Running the ball 50 times out of a passing offense?? Why are our kids not being challenged to learn a multi faceted  offense where they can utilize different sets to be balanced. Having a 3 year starter should be a plus, maybe the staff aren't  playing to his strengths IDK. I disagree Ghost with saving plays or not showing different wrinkles in fear of exposing gameplan. Coaches at this level probably seen pretty much everything there is to see from the Spread ( sorry). If that's the case as long as there  a next opponent when do you go all out ; when its over and your eliminated??  

1 hour ago, bigd92 said:

There are several ways to look at why the Titans aren't utilizing the passing game in games. My thought is the fact that Kadon is being heavily pressured due to poor pass protection. Wr know they are not the target receiver and take plays off. there is know way he is going through a progression, he's being told who to throw to. Titans staff are not fully sold on what there trying to accomplish (No true Identity). Why run a spread offense and not have a vertical passing game (baffling) Running the ball 50 times out of a passing offense?? Why are our kids not being challenged to learn a multi faceted  offense where they can utilize different sets to be balanced. Having a 3 year starter should be a plus, maybe the staff aren't  playing to his strengths IDK. I disagree Ghost with saving plays or not showing different wrinkles in fear of exposing gameplan. Coaches at this level probably seen pretty much everything there is to see from the Spread ( sorry). If that's the case as long as there  a next opponent when do you go all out ; when its over and your eliminated??  

I just saying "what if" that's the case. I'm not on the coaching staff so idk. I just try and look at ALL angles. 

On 10/19/2016 at 1:31 PM, bigd92 said:

A agree, but how many coaches have plays to get the ball out quick when they know they're going to be blitzed?  You have players that can turn quick slant routes into big yardage plays.  I'm not criticizing the play calling, but they're many plays that you can utilize to help the qb that has sometimey blocking up front.