Port Arthur, PN-G rivalry

hsforlife89

I would like to thank David Thompson and staff from the Beaumont Enterprise for allowing all us "old schoolers" the chance to share our stories and memories from the rivalry years between PNG, TJ, and Lincoln!   No, to the kids at PAM and PNG...this isn't a rivalry...yet, but the history between the MC and PA schools runs deep and we are all looking forward to the game...it's game 1 of the new chapter that we hope will be filled with many stories of the epic battles between the Titans, Indians, and Bulldogs for years to come that all the kids will be proud to share with their children, grand children and great-grandchildren!!  Even though this game isn't a "rivalry" so to speak...it sure brought back some cherished memories from days gone by as my husband and I walked around at Memorial Stadium today when we met with David to get some pics for the article!  That's where OUR story together began in 1989 when a young PNG Indian girl first met a handsome Fighting Yellowjacket from Thomas Jeffeerson HS after his football game!!  As I watched my now, Purple and White wearing, Cherokee singing, husband swell with pride as he talked about the school and city where he grew up...it proved you may take the boy out of PA, but you'll never take that PA Yellow Jacket pride out of the boy!  Good luck and prayers to both teams for a great, injury free game!!  Oh, and Scalp 'em INDIANS!  

On 10/11/2016 at 4:42 PM, NDNation said:

I know TJ people with Kids in PNG....they won't wear purple.

It's funny you say this I graduated in the 90s from TJ. My wife would force me to go to PNG games and try to make me wear purple! I think I finally gave in after several years and I wear it now. But I will always be a TJ YELLOW JACKET at heart. 

45 minutes ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

It's funny you say this I graduated in the 90s from TJ. My wife would force me to go to PNG games and try to make me wear purple! I think I finally gave in after several years and I wear it now. But I will always be a TJ YELLOW JACKET at heart. 

I'll always be a Yellow Jacket at heart also. 

13 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

I would like to thank David Thompson and staff from the Beaumont Enterprise for allowing all us "old schoolers" the chance to share our stories and memories from the rivalry years between PNG, TJ, and Lincoln!   No, to the kids at PAM and PNG...this isn't a rivalry...yet, but the history between the MC and PA schools runs deep and we are all looking forward to the game...it's game 1 of the new chapter that we hope will be filled with many stories of the epic battles between the Titans, Indians, and Bulldogs for years to come that all the kids will be proud to share with their children, grand children and great-grandchildren!!  Even though this game isn't a "rivalry" so to speak...it sure brought back some cherished memories from days gone by as my husband and I walked around at Memorial Stadium today when we met with David to get some pics for the article!  That's where OUR story together began in 1989 when a young PNG Indian girl first met a handsome Fighting Yellowjacket from Thomas Jeffeerson HS after his football game!!  As I watched my now, Purple and White wearing, Cherokee singing, husband swell with pride as he talked about the school and city where he grew up...it proved you may take the boy out of PA, but you'll never take that PA Yellow Jacket pride out of the boy!  Good luck and prayers to both teams for a great, injury free game!!  Oh, and Scalp 'em INDIANS!  

What years did the both of you graduate? (Both in Article)

I think my post earlier this week was taken out of context, the one between myself and Gabe. The reason I asked what year, is simply because I was c/o 93. I know that when I was younger, Mid 80s, the rivalry was legit, possibly bigger than Nederland. However late 80s it was all about Nederland. I would say 89 up was strictly a hatred towards Nederland..... So my reply was simply stating I think a mid 80s, or earlier alumni would have a totally different view. As I know my brother who was C/O 87 had a bitterness about T.J. more than I did..... My convo with Gabe was because I felt the BE was making it out as a rivalry, And i think its will never get to what it was back in the T.J. days. Just my 2 cents... But the reason im posting this is to say our posts where not meant to offend, just a stupid opinion........ I think when Ron sprinted 78 yards on the first play in 89.... T.J. was nothing but a afterthought!!!!!