Bald Eagles in SETX?

They have been in this area for quite a while. I see them when I fish in the Neches River out of Beaumont. The one that has gotten the press lately near Vidor fortunately happens to be near the highway where it can be seen by more people.

My parents and my brother went to go see them today being as the location is only about 5 minutes from my house. They are going again tomorrow with a better camera and video recorder. Should be interesting to see. I hear the male likes to fly around and "show himself off" to the public. Its out on HWY 105 between Orangefield and Vidor. They said that you should be able to find it by all the cars on the side of the road there to see them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures, where are they from again?

These are/were nesting off HW 105 between Orangefield and Vidor.  The nest is about 3 miles west of the intersection of HW 1442 and 105.  I don't know if they are still there or not.  The two young ones were getting pretty big and testing their wings so they have probably flow by now.  They may still be in the area for awhile.  Two adults were also seen at the same time bring food to the young, so there were 4 total.

It's really amazing that we have eagles in southeast texas.  I have lived down here for a long time and am just finding out that they live here.  I had heard stories in the past of them up at Rayburn Lake but not down here.  They are evidently thrieving very well.  I wonder what other kinds of eagles are here?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami