Port Neches-Groves at Lumberton, 6:00 pm

VP93....

4 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Didn't Vidrine pitch in both PNG/Lumberton games last year?  I expect the PNG coach to try something different this year.

Henry pitched both GCM games last year and handled them fairly easily but he starts Leikich this year and they lose. It's a complete guess what he's thinking. I do know with their talent they better start winning.

17 minutes ago, Regal13 said:

Henry pitched both GCM games last year and handled them fairly easily but he starts Leikich this year and they lose. It's a complete guess what he's thinking. I do know with their talent they better start winning.

I understand where you coming from on the GCM game, but you have to remember Leckich was injured last season and not an option. Both pitchers should be able to get wins, so I don't feel that choosing Leckich was a wrong choice. Of course hindsight is 20/20, so it is easy to say now that Henry should've started.

3 minutes ago, JRidge said:

Players still have to make plays to win the game no matter who's up. Coaches sometimes get too much credit for winning and sometimes to much blame for loosing. WhI checked ever team makes less errors and the most key plays usually holds the "W"! 

You are correct. The coaches job is to get them prepared and to motivate. From what I hear not much of either is taken place.

On 3/22/2016 at 9:07 AM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Big game tonight. I predict a 1-0 or 2-1 game.  1 error or 1 extra base hit will probably be the difference in this game.  Should be a good one.

So much for my prediction of a low scoring game.  Raiders gave up 6 runs in the 2nd (only 2 earned) and another 4 in the 8th.  Can't win many games giving up 10 runs in 2 innings.  On a positive note, the defensive errors were not something that we've been seeing so maybe we just needed to get that out of our system. In the end, neither team played great but PNG made a few more plays when they needed them.  Congrats on the win and good luck against Nederland.