BC 28 Lumberton 2 Final/Scrimmage

KFDM COOP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bc-all-the-way

The Saturday that BC and LHS played their scrimmage was a sunny, cold and windy day. A north wind around 25-30 miles per hour was blowing. No one seems to mention this. Every ball that BC hit into the air was dropped, and the early runners ran, just as they should. BC hit 7 home runs in the scrimmage.

BC hit the ball more than LHS did, and this caused alot of problems for LHS. It seemed that their outfielders could not locate the ball. BC stopped stealing, and taking extra bases. Bc's team did not make an error, if I remember correctly.

As far as BCLL, OF-fan-for-life is right on with what they remember of the early BCLL years. OF FAN FOR LIfe has not misquoted anything. It was a board decision that merged all the BC and OF kids into a common draft, But I can promise you, punishing the OF children was not a factor in this decision. There was alot of hostility between the two communities, and a common draft was seen as a way to stop the hostilities in Little League. There would not be a new park without the OF community! That is a fact! While the OF boys were distributed on several teams, so were the BC boys. Some from each community have to drive to the other for practice fields; everything was done as fairly as possible.  BCLL now has an OF resident as President, and has more residents on the BCLL Board. I have dear friends and great memories from the construction and maintenance of the park located in BC. In fact, the registration form for 2008 will not require where a child goes to school, because it doesn't matter.

BCLL boundaries are the school districts of BC and OF. Little League has, for several years, allowed that children living where a LL program is not offered, may go to the nearest League and play. But they cannot be All Stars. And they are required to fill out a waiver to be allowed to play at all. Little League is now discussing dividing up the old Twin County boundaries between Vidor Little League and BCLL, but this has not happened yet. These are the two remainig Little Leagues in Orange County. Little League wants all the kids to have the opportunity to play Little League somewhere.  I think more kids have gone to VLL than BCLL this year. BCLL has 790 children registered to play this year and the fields are almost at a capacity level.

BCHS has a strong feeder program that brings many good athletes to the game. No one has mentioned the great job that the Dads in BC and OF do while coaching in the younger leagues. I think this is a deciding factor in BC, along with the number of kids playing, that contributes to the success the BCHS has had for many years.

I do think that the numbers are not as high in OF, but on an individual basis, the boys and girls in OF are just as talented as any at BCHS or any other school. There just is not as many of them.

I totally support the BC and OF kids and wish them all the best. Let's not let anyone stir our pot! Love yaw'll-

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124