Chad Clement Resigns as McNeese Baseball Head Coach

JMay

Chad Clement has resigned as baseball coach at McNeese State University.

553658.jpeg

Clement announced his resignation Thursday saying that his heart was not in coaching any more.

The Lake Charles native and former Cowboy player and assistant coach was in his fourth season as head coach at McNeese. Last year he led the Cowboys to the Southland Conference title and he was named the league and the Louisiana coach of the year.

He had an 82-84 overall record. The Cowboys had gotten off to a 0-4 start this season.

Assistant coach Chris Fackler has been appointed the team's interim head coach for the remainder of the season according to athletic director Sonny Watkins.

Clement said that he wanted to thank the university for the opportunity of coaching the Cowboys.

"It has been a rewarding as well as educational experience to serve in this capacity. During my tenure at McNeese State, I am proud to have been a part of conference championship teams in 2000 and 2006 and a conference tournament championship team in 2003," he said.

Watkins said that Clement's resignation came as a surprise to him.

"This was not something that we suspected. He has done a fine job as the baseball coach and we are sorry to lose him," Watkins said. "We truly wish him the best."

• 4 weeks later...

In college baseball you don't lose eligibility if you transfer because of scholarship limits.  Most kids only receive partial scholarships, not a full ride like basketball, so I think they can leave if they want to go somewhere else to play, or be closer to home, etc.  Someone else feel free to correct me if I am misreading it.

That is not correct, if you do not loose your coach he must release you for you to transfer from one D1 to another D1 without sitting a year...( ARP Rule 1 time )

NCAA is reviewing this and may not allow you to do this without sitting a year.

But you can leave a D1 and go to D2 or D3 Or JUCO and not sit.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124