Tim hardaway

king

Tim Hardaway recently said in an interview that he, "Hates gay people" and I really lost all respect that I had for him. David Stern even announced today that Hardaway would no longer represent the league in anyway. LBJ also said that he would want his teammate to say that he was gay because of a trust factor.

In my opinion I believe the league should embrace gay people and not turn them away from basketball but I would not demand them to admit they're gay because although i believe they do not chose to be gay or not, i think that society at this day in age does not embrace gay people and it could cause alot of emotional and mental damage to anyone.

I was just wondering your thoughts on this whole situation and what you belive players and the league should do?

I would just like to say I am not gay but I don't discriminate or have a bias against gay people at all.

I think that Hardaway should be able to voice his opinion just like you and I. Whether we agree with it or not that is his opinion and he has a right to it. Most people only want to hear what they like. I do not agree with everything he said, but he was in those locker rooms and he has a different view of it than anyone who posts here.

I do not agree that the league should embrace them, just play ball and keep your preferences to yourself. I know some will agree with me and some will not. That is my 0.02 worth.

I don't think Tim Hardaway should of said that he hates gays.  I do sympathize with what he was trying to say.  Being gay is a sin.  It is also an aberration.  It's against the norm. 

The last thing I am interested in seeing is some flaming gay basketball player, twisting down the court on a fast break.  yuck.

DB

I don't understand why he can no longer represent the league. He is entitled to free speech so I think it is unjust what the NBA did to him. You can't fire him because of something he said, you may be able to fine him, but fire him...come on. People say stuff that may offend other people all the time, but they don't get let go from their job. That is just my opinion I guess.

Tim Hardaway should of been more media savvy.  He was a star nba player, who should be used to microphones and the power of the media.   To come right out and say what he feels, stuff like 'i hate gays', I''m homophobic', 'gays should not be in america or on the planet', you can't say stuff like that.   There are a lot of people, in the media and elsewhere, that are sympathetic to the whold gay pride, gay rights movement.   

The will be forgotten in time.    Hopefully Hardaway can hold on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder