Lamars Girls Basketball Program

Guest bleed orange

Guest bleed orange

If you want  more than 100 fans in the stands recruit the local talent. When is the last time Lamar had a good womens basketball team? Lets see, when Al Barbe was there. He had local talent on the team. How long ago was that? This current coach is not getting the job done and neither is his staff. A group of high school players could beat the lady cards. The Talent is here. When are you guy's going to wake up? I think never, because you could careless. Its a shame that the Montange center was built for nothing. Except to honor a great man. If you want to put fans in the stands recruit local. Don't tell me you tried because you let Brittany James get away and look what she is doing now at North Texas. Is Lamar any different than North Texas, I don't think so. She would have gone to Lamar.

Well, the men have a verbal commitment from Ashton Hall. They are recruiting Donohoe at HJ, Keller at Lee College, Netherly, the 6-6 kid at WO-S and from what I've heard they are recruiting J'Covan Brown. I've also heard they are looking at Tramain Thomas from EC. Who else would you like them to recruit? They suppose to be looking at a kid currently playing at Kountze.

Honestly there aren't any more top DI talent I'm aware in SE Texas. Please list a few you think can compete in the SLC or above.

Guest bleed orange

The topic of this thread is "Lamars girls basketball program", Its way to early to jump on coach Roc. Its only his first year. Lets see what happens first. Now the girls side is a different story and is the topic of this thread. Lets stick with the girls.

If they are recruiting Pickering, maybe they ought to try her teammate and try to get Wilson as well. If they are going to be able to compete and fill the stands for games they are going to have to recruit local talent and as bad as most Orangefield people hate it they also need to talk to their Girls Coach and get her to move to Lamar.

• 2 weeks later...

Who is handling recruiting now in the middle of the coaching change? Or is everything on hold? Has Lamar announced any signings yet? If so, will the new coach keep those signed? There are a lot of questions up now about LU Womens program.

It would be great to recruit locally. But remember that we don't need to go back to the Al Barbe days completely. He got alot of foreign players here also, but the way he got them here ultimately brought down the program...

(Edited for spelling)

I have been watching coach A coach since she got to OF.  I have also seen the previous coach at Lamar.  She would be a huge upgrade over him on any level.  Is she the very best coach that could come to Lamar and get the program where they need to be? Who knows, but I do know that she would definately recruit hard in our area, and not just write players off because they want to go somewhere else.  She has grown as a coach in the last 5 years, and she has a lot of recruiting experience from her days at TCU.

Guest tigersvoice

I have been watching coach A coach since she got to OF.  I have also seen the previous coach at Lamar.  She would be a huge upgrade over him on any level.  Is she the very best coach that could come to Lamar and get the program where they need to be? Who knows, but I do know that she would definately recruit hard in our area, and not just write players off because they want to go somewhere else.  She has grown as a coach in the last 5 years, and she has a lot of recruiting experience from her days at TCU.

Whoa!  I didn't know that Coach "A" had a TCU background.  I'm trying to remember . . . doesn't someone else at Lamar have some experience at TCU?  Now, who was that? :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder