3A - D1 looks to go to a 9 team district

IT'S IN THE BONE

On December 29, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Yoe_09 said:

I would say based on the amount of teams that will be in 3A DI, you are going to probably see two districts.  Regardless, region III is going to be brutal.  

Here are two projections that I have seen:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Palestine Westwood, Elkhart, Trinity, Coldspring, Warren, Woodville, Kirbyville

Anahuac, Hardin, Hempstead, Kountze, Buna, Winnie East Chambers

OR

District 11: Trinity, Coldspring, Woodville, Warren, Kountze, Buna, Kirbyville

District 12: Hempstead, Hardin, East Chambers, Anahuac, La Marque, Hitchcock

On December 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM, MossHill2 said:

1st option with Hempstead - That is a haul but manageable as we "Hardin' have been traveling a long ways for years !!! i.e. Kirbyville

2nd option with Lamarque, Hitchcock and Hempstead - I don't think will happen. That would be a brutal drive 3 times for Hardin.

Moss Hill , that second scenerio could possibly happen if they was going to separate district 12 

Guest ECBucFan

I'm cool however it shakes out.

I appreciate all the good games with the opponents that formerly filled EC's schedule, and now look forward to the new friendly rivalries that lay ahead, if the changes do indeed take place.   

8 hours ago, CoachA said:

That's just brutal on the Hardin district. If I'm an AD in this distsrict and this happens, I would have to go kick Dr. Charles B. in the butt myself.

Trinity to Hempstead - 84 miles

Trinity to La Marque - 126 miles

Trinity to Hitchcock - 125 miles

6 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

That's just brutal on the Hardin district. If I'm an AD in this distsrict and this happens, I would have to go kick Dr. Charles B. in the butt myself.

Thats brutal , but I really think the district will stay the same in District 12 

2 hours ago, CoachA said:

Thats brutal , but I really think the district will stay the same in District 12 

If District 12 stays the same, Coach A - What do you do with Trinity, Coldspring and La Marque?

9 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

Those seem like close games, especially if it is just football only.

3 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

If District 12 stays the same, Coach A - What do you do with Trinity, Coldspring and La Marque?

La Marque should be in Region 4 with Hempstead and Hitchcock  and  I heard Coldspring and Trinity might  be in a district with Teague and Groesbeck , moving Malakoff in Region 2 

36 minutes ago, CoachA said:

Im curious about what are they going to do with Coldspring in the other sports 

That's why I say Coldspring and Trinity comes into District 12 and we split and go two 5 team districts. That makes the most sense to me. But that's the obvious. With Dr. Charles being from Buna, you'd think he would see it that way as well. But, who knows. Hurry up Feb. 1

8 minutes ago, CoachA said:

I was talking about like the basketball district , where would they put Coldspring at 

That's what I am saying. It makes too much sense to just split District 12 into two districts so that travel is limited and all those schools play the same sports.

23 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

The Deweyville folks who had to make the Anderson Shiro trip for a district game would probably disagree..

I'm not saying it doesn't happen every once in a while. But, for an entire district driving over 100 miles. Leave that to West Texas.

We're good with 50-70 miles. for 1-2 games a year.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

Bone looks like your crystal ball was correct.:):):)

Well it helps to have that source...but like I said did not see Trinity but I did not know their numbers at the time...glad they adjusted moving EC and AP out but Should have left Hardin...but big thanks to my old farmer friend and his resourceful UIL insight!   LMBO!