Silsbee's Schooling(RHP) & McDonald(RHP), or BC's Stringer(LHP) & Meeks(RHP)

Who do you think is the better combination between these two?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the better combination between these two?

• Stringer & Meeks
    • Schooling & McDonald

Stringer and Meeks performed very well deep into the playoffs.  The Stringer--- No-No against Barbers Hill was a classic-to go along with his 5 other wins.

Phillip Meeks pitched a lot and very well all year.  His closers, especially the one deep against Cameron Yoe was exceptional.

I saw Johnny Dishon close against Lufkin Hudson at the scrimmage this week throwing a steady 91 mph--I don't think Silsbee has anyone to match that fireballer.  I can remember anyone even fouling a ball--all strike outs--Congrats to Johnny.

Remember 2nd baseman Bolton had 3 wins pitching also last year.

Was there a reason Silsbee did not make the final four play?

Man if Dishon is firing that fast how come his is not matched up with somebody on here? That's pretty dadgum fast. The thing I like the most about Stringer & Meeks is there lefty, righty thing. The thing with Schooling & McDonald is they have a lot of experance. These four guys are good and it will be a tough match up when they are on the mound. Me, I'm going with Schooling & McDonald there's nothing better then a pair of Tigers on the field. Unless it's nine of them. Go Tigers.

Both BC and Silsbee have great 1-2 guys.  Schooling and McDonald proved it over the course of last season.  Stringer and Meeks have the ability to be every bit as good and both showed flashes of it last year.  I think the BC-Silsbee games will be great matchups.  BTW:  don't forget Jasper, either as a team or from a pitching standpoint.  Reagan and Parsons are also pretty good in their own right.

As far as Dishon throwing 91 vs. Lufkin Hudson, I think that's an exaggeration.  He is mid-80s (84-86) although he did K6 in his 2 innings of work.

This is gonna be a great district race...

Guest Orangeboy

All great HS pitchers. Both MaC and Schooling pitched the majority of Silsbee's innings. While Stinger and Meeks are leading their staff for the first time. Should be fun to see how it plays out on the field.

Watching Schooling throw 2 complete games on Thursday and Saturday against Barbers Hill last year was simply amazing.

Guest Orangeboy

Stringer no hit Barbers Hill I don't think Schooling did that.... nor did he get past them in the playoffs....

I'm not taking anything away from Stringer. A no-no is a great feat against anybody especially a team like BH. Schooling pitched well enough in both games to win but Silsbee just didn't hit the ball well enough to pull it out for him.  Both very gutsy performances. Just glad I get to see both of them on the same field this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83