Vidor vs. Central

Central 3

Vidor 2

Very intense game.  As a parent of Vidor Soccer player(s) - my comments are below.

- Very proud of the Pirates - they played the game well - better in the 2nd half.

They played the 1st half without one of their defenders.  I think this hurt

their normal game plan - if not physically - mentally.

- In my opinion there were several bad/questionable calls made by the Refs.

Would this have changed the outcome?  Who knows.  I certainly question

the call involving Centrals keeper - I clearly saw a yellow card however he

was allowed to stay in the game.  I thought the rules were that a

yellow card requires the player to be replaced and leave the playing field

to get control of their behavior.  His teammates had to physically hold him

l      back from attacking the ref. and he was allowed to remain in the game.  I

Sorry - I wasn't finished - I must have hit the wrong key.

I welcome anyone to correct me if I am wrong about this rule.  Maybe it is the coaches call - all I know is when one of our guys receive a yellow card they are replaced for a short while. 

I think as a team, Central certainly has the skill/talent to play a high level of soccer.  In my opinion they just need to control their anger and play the game.

I know the Pirates look forward to playing them again.  May the best team win next time with or without the bad calls.

Guest Caddieshack

i doubt that very  seriously that an official, a grown man, would say something like that to a kid. Maybe just maybe that is a fabrication o the story as told by your goallie.

Seriously no one is buying that story at all. I have reffed games before and I am very confused as to why the ref even let that kid continue to play. He should have been red carded and imo should be kicked off the team for even "trying" to fight a ref. I do not see any posts stating the keeper didnt try to fight, i only see posts trying o defend a player who had to be restained from going after an official. Where have the morals and honor of this game gone? another question...why did their coach even let him continue to be on the field or the team after that??????

something should definatly be checked out because of that call i didnt understand why he didnt come on the field because he got the yellow then tried to fight the ref and they allowed him to play on. even if yall say it was a misunderstanding he got the yellow card before trying to fight the ref which means he should of came out of the game so i think something should be checked out there

There were 2 - do not know their names.  Doesn't really matter now.  I personlly know a couple of Refs from this area.  I think "most" do a very good job.  I think they could do a much better job if there were 3 for every high school game.  I understand they are short handed - perhaps they could stagger the games for different nights.  I believe there are 9 or 10 in our district alone - thats not counting the girls.  They also play on Tuesday and Friday nights.  I don't think 2 can possibly be able to catch everything.  They did a fairly good job of calling offsides but a lot of things happened that they were not able to see.

Sorry - I wasn't finished - I must have hit the wrong key.

I welcome anyone to correct me if I am wrong about this rule.  Maybe it is the coaches call - all I know is when one of our guys receive a yellow card they are replaced for a short while. 

I think as a team, Central certainly has the skill/talent to play a high level of soccer.  In my opinion they just need to control their anger and play the game.

I know the Pirates look forward to playing them again.  May the best team win next time with or without the bad calls.

there was a missunderstanding about the call that the refs made..... so the card was taken away ..... the call was for central and one of the refs got confused, so when our golie kicked the ball he carded him for what he thought was a delaying of time ... but then the other ref came and he over ruled the call

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder