East Chambers at Warren Friday Feb 9th 7pm. Thoughts?

Set a weak side short-corner back screen, have Paul Sims back-cut from the strong side and, if the pass isn't there, run baseline and curl up off the back-pick as the ball is swinging and-- booyah!-- threes all night.  Bonus tip to the back-pick guy: roll.  Send the tape to EA Sports and make a mint.  Only such precision teamwork will beat Tramain all by himself.

Thats the second comment hdbasketball star has made about Warren's officials,yet they use the same chapter as the rest of southeast texas.The Hardin game on Tuesday was called by UIL officials and Warren had 1 more foul than Hardin 18 to 17.Sounds pretty even to me.E/C has to be the favorite in this one but anything can happen when you have shooters and Warren has some.

Warren scored 40+ in the paint. Why shoot?  It's not McDonald that will give Warren the problem it's Mr. Thomas! (and I mean that with respect). As far as the shooters, if you were at the game in Hardin game in Warren how could you question our shooters?  It's simple, play Thomas as close as you can and hope the shots fall.  I don't bet on the Cowboys or Warren but I hope for a close game.  As far as the refs, Warren can get "home cooked" in their own gym, we have no refs, wish we did.

Guest Uncle Rico

Thats the second comment hdbasketball star has made about Warren's officials,yet they use the same chapter as the rest of southeast texas.The Hardin game on Tuesday was called by UIL officials and Warren had 1 more foul than Hardin 18 to 17.Sounds pretty even to me.E/C has to be the favorite in this one but anything can happen when you have shooters and Warren has some.

Why did they use UIL refs. instead of "they use the same chapter as the rest of southeast texas."???

Uncle Rico. Hardin and Anahuac doesn't use Beaumont chapter refs.  The Warren coach did not want to use refs from whatever chapter Hardin uses, so he scratched them. (after watching the freshman and Jv game I understand why, they were bad both ways) So UIL refs were used, and I thought they did a good fair job.  Anahuac chose to use Beaumont chapter refs.  There was nothing personal, just a coaching decision. This was a big game for both teams and it needed to be decided by the players and not by just what was available. If you know what I mean?

thanks for the replies everyone..I think the game could be a bit closer than everyone predicts!! And yes warren did scratch the refs for the hardin game but why is everone whining about it, its perfectly legal to do what they did...fouls were 18-17. It was a good game and both teams should be proud of themselves.

Uncle Rico. Hardin and Anahuac doesn't use Beaumont chapter refs.  The Warren coach did not want to use refs from whatever chapter Hardin uses, so he scratched them. (after watching the freshman and Jv game I understand why, they were bad both ways) So UIL refs were used, and I thought they did a good fair job.  Anahuac chose to use Beaumont chapter refs.  There was nothing personal, just a coaching decision. This was a big game for both teams and it needed to be decided by the players and not by just what was available. If you know what I mean?

There are four chapters used by the teams in SETx that I know of.  Bay Area(Baytown), Beaumont, Cleveland, and Huntsville.  The game we played in Anahuac, they used Bay Area.

Yeah it will be closer than people think because EC likes to keep close games. How many of these games has been close in the first couple quarters? A lot! And they dont like to run the score up on people unless it is at their place. Now that is class. I say EC by 16-17 and Thomas and McDonald will both have an awesome game. Should be a high scoring game though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami