Texas Sun Devils 13u-16u Camp/Tryouts

tgreen

Ages- 13-15

Where- Texas Sun Devils Complex 

When- Sunday, Aug 2  1:00-3:30

Camp will be on Sundays in August and September. 

Cost- $200 per camper 

Join our Fall Camp to advance the techniques of hitting,pitching,fielding, along with all aspects of the game. Sun Devils teams will be selected during the camp. All campers will be instructed from Sun Devils coaching staff and upper level players. 

Contact Terry Green - 920-0844 

For more information and to reserve your spot. 

Ages- 13-15

Where- Texas Sun Devils Complex 

When- Sunday, Aug 2  1:00-3:30

Camp will be on Sundays in August and September. 

Cost- $200 per camper 

Join our Fall Camp to advance the techniques of hitting,pitching,fielding, along with all aspects of the game. Sun Devils teams will be selected during the camp. All campers will be instructed from Sun Devils coaching staff and upper level players. 

Contact Terry Green - 920-0844 

For more information and to reserve your spot. 

​Hi I just got transferred to the area from Tomball, and we are looking for a new team.  My son will turn 15 in March, and has played with the Banditos and Texas Rawlings for the last couple of years. He is a left handed pitcher, and 1st baseman. He was clocked at 85 this past year, and is a power hitting switch hitter with a phenomenal glove at 1st.  Batted .325 this past season.  Will this just be a camp, tryouts, or will it be both? I would like my son to tryout, but paying $200 for him to tryout seems like a steep price for a tryout.  Is there a way to tryout without paying the $200 fee? I would really like to for him to play with you guys, and really believe he could be an asset for you guys on the mound, as well as at 1st base. 

The $200 is for the 2 month long sun devils camp. Most of the team will probably be chosen from the guys at the camp. The only reason we made it a camp/tryout is so we can see the players on the field and evaluate them for our teams. We feel its better to see a player numerous times to see if that player is a true quality player. With one day tryouts, for instance, there could be an above average player, but on that day, he might not perform all that well and we pass on picking him up due to that days evaluation. This gives us a chance to evaluate the player over time and also see if that player is coachable and fits with our organization. There will also be players there from other teams that arent trying out so to speak and just wants the sun devil camp experience. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

The $200 is for the 2 month long sun devils camp. Most of the team will probably be chosen from the guys at the camp. The only reason we made it a camp/tryout is so we can see the players on the field and evaluate them for our teams. We feel its better to see a player numerous times to see if that player is a true quality player. With one day tryouts, for instance, there could be an above average player, but on that day, he might not perform all that well and we pass on picking him up due to that days evaluation. This gives us a chance to evaluate the player over time and also see if that player is coachable and fits with our organization. There will also be players there from other teams that arent trying out so to speak and just wants the sun devil camp experience. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

​Thanks for the reply. Can you explain what the sun devil camp experience is? I may spend my $200 on it, if it's that good. Also who are the coaches for the 13-16u teams?

Are you considering starting an additional 13U AA or AAA team this Fall?  It looks like that 13U majors team was stacked and had a fantastic season.  I see the tryouts for 13U are mentioned but I don't want to go through the 2 month process and have him not make a team because you only have one in that age group.  He has played AAA the last three seasons but he is undersized and not ready for majors.

Edited by Slabbo
Communication

• 5 weeks later...