Kountze vs Boiling predictions

All I know is Kountze has got to stop handing them away. Didn't Kountze play Boiling last year or year before? And was this the team I'm thinking of that was a young team?

Yea they were young.. Think it was year before last. But yes I agree

Looking at the bracket...we get past Boiling than we get the winner of New Waverly and Woodville even crazier...Warren moves to the next and handles business with CH and Kountze does the same than we meet again in round 3. Kountze, Woodville and Warren could be all be playing each other in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...three schools all within 25 miles or so of one another.

Two years ago Boling was a very young team. Kountze faced them in the first round 2013 Porter High School. The first game Kountze won pretty easy. The second game was a fight but Kountze pulled it out to move on...This year Kountze will face a more mature squad but with only three seniors, all be it seven juniors and three soph. Kountze was also fairly young at that first match-up but now with nine seniors, two juniors and three soph. Pitching wise we actually seem to match up, but Boling's Smith may be the exception: He has been very successful this year winning 5 with 54 K's, 8 hits and only 4 base on balls...kid throws strikes. All that being said I believe district 23-3A is a very challenging district and pitchers have been well seasoned by the test...Lognion for Kountze gives the Lions the edge on pitching because of this factor. He is battle tested through and through...This match-up will come down to generation of Offense and base running as both teams have defensively been pretty stingy on runs given up in the field. 30% of Bolings hits have been outfield hits...extra base hits...but the Kountze Outfield is salty: Speed, tracking, gloves and big arms. I think Kountze cuts down that percentage greatly. Last but not least...BULLPEN will be a factor after what looks to be Lognion for Kountze and Smith for Boling...number two's and three's with closers will have a say in this one as well. I think it's important to go get that first win Friday and put the back to back win monkey on the the other guy. On paper this looks to be a fairly well matched series, but I have got to give Kountze the edge based on seasoning, strength of schedule and the fact that 23-3A was a playoff fight all year long filled with nail bitters and extra innings! Go Lions...bring home the W's and lets go on down the playoff road to round 2