Week 5 scores Sr.

Lamar1996

Folks like you? What exactly does that mean?

What I find concerning is the fact that STJFL board members continue to post in this forum, become irate, and then use their position to try and oust coaches. Coaches that are volunteers and have absolutely no reason to cheat or break rules.

Coaches that are great men and are only interested in coaching and teaching children.

Why in the world has this become so personal for so many of you? Ultimately, all you are doing is punishing kids......

I was directing it at any coach that would break the rules, blame others for things in their influence, or think "someone" is out to get them. Since you quoted me, I am not a board member, nor have I ever been a  board member.

and I agree with your statement  "Coaches that are great men and are only interested in coaching and teaching children".

Thanks Hippy and I wasn't implying you were. However there are several on here.

And it does seem very silly for grownups to behave in this fashion. However, actions speak louder than words. And even though there is evidence of such things, I won't discuss it on a public forum. I will leave it at that.....

Good job board for making teams figure out a way not to score. Now one of bmt sr players is in the hospital with a neck injury because he has never run the ball but they had to put him in because they where scared to score!!!! So this is the solution!!! Good job

Yesterday I witnessed a team who was in he lead by a good margin put in multiple 10 player kids and linemen to run the ball. Every one of them were tackled and none were hurt. This is football, even an experienced running back can get injured in a game.

Firstly he was playing CB not RB went make a tackle and was hit helmet to helmet by a kid twice his size on the opening possession of the second half. The kid that hit him lowered his head and hit him square in the face mask with the crown of his helmet. It happened right in front of me. Secondly it is my son that was injured. Out for at least 2 weeks with a concussion. He is a tough kid. He got up and went right back to his position for the next play. Our DC noticed something did not look right with him and pulled him. I checked him and then went from Dad/Coach to Paramedic. We spent 6 hours in the ER. He will be fine but is now questioning even wanting to play. Is this what u want such a great sport to be seen as. Having played football from 8th grade and on into college myself this is not what I was taught. And making our coaches out like some of you have been sure as heck don't know them like I do.

So to see what all the hype was about, I went and watched the BMT Sr and Lum Blue game. From the start it seemed that BMT was kinda going through the motions. The last play of the 1st half saw BMT run the ball on what looked like a off tackle play towards Lumberton side and then cut back towards the BMT side and scored a TD with time running out. I believe the score was 21-0 and on the opening kick off BMT kicked it on side and recovered from what I can remember. After that it was pretty much BMT could do whatever they wanted and they did. While watching the game I was trying to figure out what the BMT coaches are doing to make themselves the center of attention. I never saw them scream at a kid , when a kid missed a assignement they corrected him, and when a kid did hid job they gave him high fives. What I did see was missed tackles by lumberton, poor blocking, and poor kick off return. The Lumberton team stayed in and battled against the 2nd/3rd team of BMT and did score twice, I guess they considered that a small victory in itself. I did see a cop at this game for some reason ( i guess the STJFL figured the Lumerton fans needed protection), I also saw at least 10 different people recording this game,plus at halftime a lady from Lumberton left the lumberton side and came to the BMT side to record the second half of the game. The only problem was she had it on the coaches and BMT bench then entire 2nd half. So I can see why these BMT coaches are upset, they are doing what every other dad is out there doing and for some reason because they have a special group of kids someone wants them gone. I will ask this 1 question why is there a mercy rule at the SR level? The reason I ask is most of these  kids will hit Jr High next year were there is no mercy rule nor a daddy coaching them.So why not get them ready for that next level of football.

Firstly he was playing CB not RB went make a tackle and was hit helmet to helmet by a kid twice his size on the opening possession of the second half. The kid that hit him lowered his head and hit him square in the face mask with the crown of his helmet. It happened right in front of me. Secondly it is my son that was injured. Out for at least 2 weeks with a concussion. He is a tough kid. He got up and went right back to his position for the next play. Our DC noticed something did not look right with him and pulled him. I checked him and then went from Dad/Coach to Paramedic. We spent 6 hours in the ER. He will be fine but is now questioning even wanting to play. Is this what u want such a great sport to be seen as. Having played football from 8th grade and on into college myself this is not what I was taught. And making our coaches out like some of you have been sure as heck don't know them like I do.

great kid, hope for a speedy recovery!!!

Why does that not surprise me that you would blame the board for an injured player?  Honestly, I could go into personal responsibility and looking in a mirror, but both of those would be strangers to folks like you.

I do wish the injured player a 100% speedy recovery.

Take your own advice as well, keep it on the thread or start a new one .... BAM